𝔱𝔴𝔢𝔫𝔱𝔶 𝔣𝔦𝔳𝔢

S O P H I A 

I slowly made my way back inside the ice cream shop and into Rafe's arms once again. I knew I couldn't keep secrets from him, but I hoped my mouth would stay shut long enough for everything to go back to normal. 

"What took so long?" His voice was soft and he had a smile plastered on his face. 

"Long line," I lie.

It was our turn to order and suddenly I was turned off by the idea of eating. I knew in order to make everything seem fine, I had to eat. I tried my best to act normal as I got one scoop of black cherry ice cream in a cone. 

Rafe had gotten two scoops of cookies and cream. Once we had our food and paid, we rushed outside the small building and found a nearby bench to sit by. 

"What do you wanna do this week? You know, besides me," Rafe asks breaking the silence. 

"Oh shut up. You are getting way too cocky for someone who-"

"-Someone who took your virginity and made you beg for more less than five minutes later?" I roll my eyes at his comment. Rafe was too amused by this and laughed a little at his own somewhat joke. "But seriously, what do you want to do?"

"I don't know. Maybe just like spend days on the beach or something simple," I shrug. 

He nods and puts an arm around me pulling me closer to him. We were facing the water and the views- although almost pitch black- were stunning. Once my ice cream was finished, I let my head rest on his shoulder while I looked out at the sea. 

The now black water was glistening with the moon light. I looked up at Rafe a few times. His eyes were just like the ocean. I got lost just watching the way he was staring out at the view. He looked so calm. His jaw hung open for a few seconds before his lips curled into a smile and he looked down at me. 

"What?" He asks. 

"Nothing, you're just so-" My voice trailed off and I didn't finish my statement. His grip around me became tighter for a second before he looked back at the water. I stayed staring at him for a few more seconds before Ilet my head rest against him again. 

"I love you Soph," He whispered while kissing the top of my head. "So much," 

R A F E 

Sophie's eyes slowly started to close moments later and I carried her back to the car to take us back to the house. I wasn't sure what to really do for a whole week. I was completely awake too, and was hoping she would stay up with me. 

I hesitate on waking her up though because she did look really comfortable. It was the first time I have seen her fully relaxed since the whole incident. 

When we got back to the house, I carried her up to my room and tucked her in bed. I sat under the covers with my back against the headboard. Sophie's unconscious body attached to me and she wrapped her arms around my lower body and her head was in my lap. 

I tried to distract myself for a few hours with watching shows or scrolling mindlessly through social media. I texted Kelce, Topper, and Beck for a little. There was some party they were all at. They also explained how Kiara was protesting against my family. As if she could do or convince anyone of anything with her little pogue friends. 

As I went to press next episode on my phone, I hear something buzz. I look to my side and notice the purse that was around Sophie's neck. I quietly lift her off me and take it off. I look at her dress and sigh knowing she'll get mad at me for leaving her in it, but also if I change her. 

I get off the bed and change her into a pair of shorts and one of my shirts before laying her back down next to me. Her phone buzzed again and again without stopping so I grabbed it out of the small leather bag it was in. 

She had ten texts from an unsaved number.  Along with two calls from the same unsaved number. Sophie didn't keep a password on her phone and I never really understood why- but I was more than grateful for it right now. 

I unlocked her phone and looked at the messages. 

SOPHIE

WE MADE IT

in charleston rn trying to find a way home

bruh ur old place is nice

we are crashing there for the night

i promise ill try to keep rafe safe

text me back

sophieeeeee

answer

alright gn babe thanks for the boat keys

I could feel answer rushing through me. It was Sarah. There was no doubt in my mind that the person texting and calling was not my sister. I glanced over at my window to our dock. The boat was gone. I went through Sophie's purse again, grabbing her keys. The blue ones for the boat were gone. 

I wasn't upset that she helped Sarah, I was upset for two other reasons. One being, she believed Sarah would not snitch on me and 'keep me safe' and two, she lied. 

At some point within the day we have had alone, she met up with Sarah, gave her the keys, and did not once mention it to me. I look down at my lap and see her start to shuffle a little. I was not in the mood to act like a loving boyfriend anymore. 

As quietly as I could, I got up from the bed, leaving Sophie alone. I copied the number Sarah was using to text Soph into my phone. I left her phone on the night stand and went into the other room. 

I know it probably was not the smartest idea, but I could not let this whole thing go. I grabbed my phone and texted my dad immediately updating him on everything I just found out. He was probably sleeping since it was almost four am. 

I hesitate on whether I should text Sarah or not. But after a few minutes of staring at my phone screen with a draft to send her a text, I came to my senses and delete it. 

I take a deep breath to try to calm myself down, but go right back to my messages and send something. 

don't fuck up sarah.