39. STIGMA

Loud music was once again tearing into the businessman's ears, coming straight from his new wireless headphones, designed by TJE especially for runners

Loud music was once again tearing into the businessman's ears, coming straight from his new wireless headphones, designed by TJE especially for runners. After just a few sounds, he recognized the cult hit from the 1980s, "Eye of the Tiger". When he started training, he chose a special playlist dedicated to runners on Spotify, hoping that it would make it easier for him to train.

However, as he saw the unforgettable scene of Rocky Balboa's training before his eyes, his body began to refuse to obey him. He felt a burning pain in his thighs, sweat running down his back that made his thin T-shirt literally stick to him, wet with sweat. He had the feeling that if he didn't stop right now, he would literally spit his lungs out onto the park path and fall beside them without a trace of life. So he slowed down, trying to cover with the last of his strength at least a few more meters, but feeling that he was starting to catch a colic, he simply stopped.

"Oh, fuck!" He gasped, then leaned forward, bending his legs slightly and resting his hands on his sweaty thighs.

It wasn't a good idea, though.

He didn't know how people could run. He never liked it. He always thought he was in quite good shape, but then it was enough for him to run a dozen or so meters, and in his head he almost wrote down his will, feeling that if he ran just a few more steps, his heart would not stand the effort.

Perhaps he should have limited himself to weights and a short treadmill run, but he wanted to be ambitious. He knew Jeongguk was running a lot. His little brother has always praised the sport. He said that by running he cares for his body - which could be confirmed with a glance at his athletic figure - and clears his mind. About the latter, he had some doubts.

How could anyone clear his mind when his lungs were in his throat, trying to pop out of his parted mouth?

The last few days had been very stressful for him, and after what he had seen yesterday, he needed to clear his mind and occupy his mind with something else for a while. When Mr. Kang brought him the recordings yesterday, he did not expect to find anything on them. These were materials from the entire month, long hours of recordings. He knew it would take him a long time to trace them. But when the computer scientist mentioned that Sunday night to him, his pulse sped up involuntarily. He couldn't explain it, but he knew it couldn't be a coincidence. When asking who had opened the door to the roof, he expected to hear anything but this.

'Whose code was used that night?'

'Your little brother.'

He could not erase these words from his memory, let alone the image of his brother leading a red-haired man down the TJE corridor...

All he had to do was insert a flash drive and turn on the player, and his eyes could see the image from the camera installed in the main hall of the sixty-ninth floor of The Jeon Electronics. For a moment he stared at the empty corridor, plunged in twilight. When he finally saw that a door that only the Jeons had access to suddenly opened, he held his breath. After a while, Jeongguk appeared in front of his eyes, dressed all in black. At first, he thought the boy was alone, but his brother held the door open for someone, allowing the other person to come inside.