13. SIN SIN SIN

Taehyung shifted uneasily in his bed

Taehyung shifted uneasily in his bed. He was sleepy and tired. He didn't feel like getting up, but he allowed his lazy eyelids to finally lift to reveal charcoal-dark irises. He blinked a few times, staring blankly at the ceiling, when suddenly memories of the previous evening crept into his still sleepy mind. His heart started to beat hard, he sprang up almost abruptly to sit up and looked around, hoping that what happened yesterday was not a dream, and the man that had fallen asleep by his side was still here.

To his disappointment, however, the place next to him was empty.

What happened yesterday was still so unreal he could have sworn it was only a beautiful dream. Jeongguk, saying all those words about being jealous.

Jeongguk falling asleep in his arms...

Instinctively he stretched out his hand and stroked the sheet in the place where the brunet's body should be. He could have sworn he could still feel the warmth of his body under his fingertips. He glanced at the nightstand, where he had prepared an aspirin for him and a glass of orange juice in case he woke up with a hangover and noticed that the pills were gone and the juice glass was empty.

He smiled gently.

The least that he could do for him. Although he would lie to say that he had no hope that when he awoke, Jeongguk would still be here. When he took him to his bed and wrapped his arms around him, the boy fell asleep quite quickly. As a result, he spent the night with him. Brunet slept like a stone. Probably all the emotions from the previous day and the alcohol he had drunk did their job, but he couldn't fall asleep for a long time. Perhaps he was afraid that if he did, Jeongguk would disappear. He held him in his arms practically all night, and was almost one hundred percent sure that even when he fell asleep, his arms still framed his athletic figure. He could still smell his faint scent on him now, and he wished so much that he was still here.

He would be lying, saying that he didn't want to wake up holding him tightly in a tight hug, although he expected that as the percentages evaporated from his body, the dark-haired man would deny whatever his drunk lips had dared to say the day before. He couldn't help it, but he felt disappointment crawling under his tattooed skin. Resigned, he threw himself on the bed, lying on his back and growled in frustration, slapping his fisted hands against the dark sheet.

He closed his eyes, hiding them behind his lids, and for a moment breathed deeply to even his breathing. As he tried to draw air into his compressed lungs once again, he suddenly felt something strange. He sat up again and looked around in confusion.

Have his senses decided to mock him?

He breathed again, inhaling the scent he smelled through his nose.

There must be something wrong with him.

He dropped his bare feet on the cold panels and got out of bed, feeling his heart begin to beat more forcefully. He looked at his reflection in the mirror and quickly fluffed his red, tousled hair with his hand, then cautiously started toward the door.