7. LITTLE TIGER

Jeongguk didn't even know how much time had passed

Jeongguk didn't even know how much time had passed. He couldn't take his eyes off the tattoo artist hugging his son.

A son.

He had never seen this comin'. Taehyung was so young. Judging by the appearance, the little boy was probably about three or four years old, which meant that the tattoo artist was no more than twenty when he became a father.

Plus, he couldn't help but think that if the redhead had a baby, it could mean he was in a relationship. He was well aware that he had no right to question that or to feel jealous of the man's potential partner, but he couldn't control his feelings. He didn't know what he should feel or think.

After a while, the tattoo artist stood up, taking his son in his arms, and looked carefully at the toddler's face. A blue patch with little monkeys was stuck to the boy's eyebrow. Taehyung touched the little boy's forehead lightly, as if checking for any other injuries. His touch was so sensitive that Jeongguk couldn't take his eyes off his tattooed hand.

"What happened?" he asked finally, shifting his gaze to the old woman.

"Jae was playing with the other kids in our playground, but when he got off the swing he fell over and cut his eyebrow..." she began to say.

"I examined him and he was fine. The wound did not require sewing. It's just a small cut," added the younger woman. As Jeongguk guessed, it was probably a nurse working in a kindergarden. "I treated the wound and it's all right, but such a cut is bleeding a lot and the little one got scared," she continued.

"That's why I decided to contact you immediately," finished the older one again.

"You did right, Mrs. Choi. Thank you," Tae said. "Did you get scared, tiger?" he asked, stroking the boy's dark, almost black hair. His voice was that warm, tender hue again.

"Yeees," the toddler confirmed, making a sad face. His large, dark eyes glazed with tears.

"Jae was crying a little, but he was really brave," the nurse smiled at the tattoo artist as she spoke.

"If you like, Jae can still stay in kindergarden..." Mrs. Choi began.

"No. There is no need. I've already cancelled my job for today anyway, so I'll take him home. He probably got a lot scared, so I'd rather him to spend the rest of the day with me," he explained before kissing his son's cheek again and pushing his hair out of his eyes. "Thank you for calling me." As he spoke, he turned on his heel and was about to leave when he suddenly stopped, as if he had remembered something. "I-I forgot my cell phone today, could you please call a cab for me?" he asked.

"Tae," Jeongguk said suddenly. "It won't be necessary, I'll take you. I-I often drive my brother's daughter, so I even have a car seat in the trunk."

"Are you sure? I wouldn't like to trouble you..."

"It's no problem," he added quickly, and Taehyung nodded.

"Okay," he agreed, then looked again at the head teacher. "Thank you. Then a taxi won't be needed. Goodbye," he said goodbye and left the room, still holding his son in his arms.