17. I THINK HE STOLE MY SOUL

Jeongguk slowly lifted his heavy eyelids and blinked several times when he saw that he was in some unknown place

Jeongguk slowly lifted his heavy eyelids and blinked several times when he saw that he was in some unknown place. At first, he thought it was a dream. After a while, however, other stimuli attacked him, which slowly began to awaken his still sleepy senses.

The smell of freshly brewed coffee crept into his nostrils, which was strange because Lisa had never made coffee for him. Usually he cared about such things. But before he had time to think about it, he felt someone slap him on the shoulder, trying to wake him up.

He forced himself to lift his eyelids again and turned his face to the left, where the intruder was, apparently trying to wake him up at any cost. Seeing dark, doe eyes staring hopefully at him, he almost immediately rose to a seating position, propping his body on strong shoulders, his lips involuntarily curving into a sincere smile.

“Good morning, tiger,” he said, glancing at Jae, who was sitting next to him, clutching his stuffed bunny in the hands.

The toddler was still wearing pajamas with little bunnies, his feet were bare, his big eyes a bit sleepy, and his dark hair was ruffled from the pillow. The sight of still sleepy Jae was incredibly captivating and touching at the same time.

“Hi, Googie!” the toddler exclaimed enthusiastically.

Jeongguk quickly looked around and realized that he was still in the fort made of pillows. Yesterday evening, after honest conversation, they lay with Tae for a long time, just staring at each other. Jae slept between them. Finally, Morpheus also came for them, taking them to the land of dreams. Even though they slept on the floor, only on the duvets and blankets that lined the fort, he had not slept so well in a long time.

Brunet noticed that Taehyung was no longer with them, which meant that the man probably woke up some time ago, but decided not to wake him up. Reaching out his hand, he stroked Jae's soft hair, brushing the dark fringe out of his face, and smiled gently at him.

“Where's your daddy, Jae?” he asked.

“Dad went to wash and told me not to wake you, but Jae doesn't like to be alone,” the toddler said, and Jeongguk laughed softly.

“You are not alone, sweetie,” he answered quickly. “Can you help me make breakfast for us and your dad?”

“Yes.”

“Then let's go,” Jeongguk ordered, then left the fort and held out his hand to Jae.

The toddler took it quickly and let Jeongguk lead him towards the kitchen. The raven haired man took the boy in his arms and lifted him, sitting him on one of the high chairs, then ruffled his hair again with his hand.

“Tell me what you'd like to eat today? Would you like something special?”

“Jae wants a hotteok!” the boy called.

“Oh, good choice! How long have I not eaten them! Okay, then you color the picture for me and I'll make breakfast, huh?” he suggested and handed the boy the crayons and the coloring book that were still on the table, then he turned on his heel and looked at the kitchen cabinets. “Let's see if we have all the ingredients...” That said, he began to quickly browse the cupboards, but after a short while he found all the necessary products without any problems.