59. I'LL FIND YOU AGAIN

As the last words rolled from Jeongguk's mouth, he finally dared to look up

As the last words rolled from Jeongguk's mouth, he finally dared to look up. Two of his best friends sat in front of him. The two men stared at him in complete silence, and he looked at them carefully for a moment, trying to read from their faces whether what he had just confessed was total madness. But he couldn't read them. So he let the air out of his lungs through slightly parted lips and gathered the courage to pronounce the next words.

"You probably think this is insane... Do you think I'm crazy?"

It wasn't until he asked that question that he noticed Hoseok shake his head gently, the corners of his mouth rising to form a beautiful smile.

"No, Gguk," the man said. "I think it's very brave, but not crazy."

"I haven't been able to think of anything else for the past few days," he admitted, letting his lips curve into a gentle arch as well. He was relieved to hear his friend's words, but Jimin was still silent, so he looked at him. "I know it may seem like it's too fast... But I don't think I've ever been more sure of anything in my life than this..."

"It's amazing how he makes you bloom," Jimin said finally. "I remember what you were like before that accident... The smile did not leave your lips. And then I watched you close in on yourself and cut yourself off from everything that was important to you before. You stopped painting, you cut yourself off from your friends, and you spent whole days at home. You were like an empty shell. When Lisa showed up, I was hoping it would get better eventually, but I guess it was even worse... I couldn't watch you let Lisa hurt you... She never deserved you. Taehyung is completely different. And while for a long time I thought he was a woman, that doesn't change the fact that I saw your relationship with him give you wings."

"Because he really makes me happy," he admitted. "I know it's a pretty sudden decision. We haven't known each other that long... But I feel like I've known him forever. Being with Lisa, I had my doubts the whole time. Perhaps that is why I have not decided to take the next step for so long. I wasn't sure if that was what I wanted. In fact, even on the day I proposed to her, I had a million doubts in my head. I guess I only did it because I knew that was what everyone expected. My father. Lisa... I felt pressured to do this. I chose the ring for several hours because I knew that whatever I chose would turn out to be not what she expected. It is completely different with him. He loves me for who I am, and not for expensive gifts I give him..."

"It's not always that the longer you know someone, the more you know about them. You can see for yourself that you've been with Lisa for over three years, and yet it turns out that you don't really know much about her..." Jimin interjected. "She did a good job fooling all of us..."

"Jimin is right," Hobi agreed, running his hand through his dark hair. "In fact, when I met Jisoo, I knew she was the one. I could propose to her on the same day, although then she would probably take me for a total freak," he added, snorting at the memory of their first meeting. "But I knew already then... And the longer I know her, the more I love her. I can't wait to finally be able to say she is my wife. I can't imagine getting old with someone else."