Dream XD x Male Reader

reader is a demi-god of war, combat and bloodshed but is surprisingly kind
Reader has wings
Doesn't follow Canonical plot
Enjoy

Y/N POV

I was walking around in a forest looking for firewood, I'd found a few pieces and started to walk back, I didn't notice the blatantly obvious hole in the ground and fell into it. I landed and hit my head on the solid ground, passing out before I could look around at my surroundings.

When I woke up again I had a banging headache and dried blood all over my forehead. I noticed the sticks I had collected were on the ground and that my crown had a few smashed and missing gems, it still looked pretty though.

I got up and dusted myself and my wings off, I re-adjusted my cloak and sleeves before picking my crown back up and dusting it off too before putting it on my head. I looked around and started to notice I was in what seemed to be a cell but the bars were broken and rusted enough to break out.

I put on my gloves and started to break some of the rusted bars, getting out once there was a big enough hole for my wings. Looking around there were stone brick walls and dried blood on the floor that didn't belong to me, along with books on the floor and a mask or two. It had major cult vibes but honestly it peaked my curiosity, I mean what have I got to loose? I'm a demi-god of war, I'm strong, I can take whatever's in here... Hopefully.

I walked around, broken shards of glass brushing against my wings that dragged against the floor.

I eventually found what seemed to be a maze, as if this this place needed another one. I found a few dead ends that all had sayings either engraved in the stone or written out in blood, all saying stuff like 'our protector' and 'he'll help us right?'. I wandered round for awhile before realising I could get on top of it. I jumped and grabbed the top of the wall, pulling myself up with my arms. I was sure I heard a laugh but it didn't sound threatening, almost like it was laughing at me like it was entertained, I mean yes I could've used my wings and made that process easier but who cares.

Once I got on top of the wall I started jumping over them, gliding over a few of them, I started to get a better grip of my senses and realised that I felt like I was being watched but not from a malicious entity. I normally trusted my senses about this as I was told to always follow my gut, it was known to be correct. Once I found the exit I went to jump down but slipped and scraped my arm on the wall and the floor. I heard someone gasp but I stood up and felt the need to specify I was fine, I honestly had no idea why as it fucking hurt like hell but like I said, I trust my instincts. I continued wandering around before making it to a kitchen/dining room sort place, there were more words but it was mostly unreadable to me, it could have been an old or rare language as I don't know those very well.

There was an iron door leading to a room with light and I walked over to it cautiously. I noticed a person in there and opened the door with a lever, it making a pretty loud noise, the person turned and smiled, he had a mask like the others but his was tilted up so I could see his mouth, he put his hood down and walked closer, he had a nice aura so I let him. 

"Haha, hi there. we normally don't get visitors here, let alone clumsy ones. Where'd you come from?"
"Up? Hello and I'm not that clumsy"
"Yea sure~ let's get you patched up, follow me"

~~~

"so how'd you find this place?"
" Oh, I found it a few decades ago, it seemed to be a cult either dedicated to me or this guy called Dream, do you know who that is? "
"Yea, I've heard of him. Although it was a warning"
"He's not that great I must say. So yea I found this place abandoned except for a few pets that seemed in bad condition. I ended up helping them and I felt I couldn't leave because of them"
"That's fair"
" so what's your story kid"
"One, not a kid. Two, I was just getting firewood for my cottage in the woods and suddenly I few down here"
"Ah, explains the injury and the crown"
"Yea... So who are you anyway?"
" Oh, I'm DreamXD"
"Oh, I've heard people talk about you before"
"Like who?"
" George, he knows you quite well, than on a separate occasion techno and Phil seemed to know who you were"
"Oh yes, all familiar names, but how do you know them?"
" they're friends, I mean me, techno and Phil know each other because I'm a demi-god of war, and I became really close to George when dream was being a dick, I really liked his approach on wars and shit and it was nice being with him"
"So your a demi-god?"
" Yep, that's the wings for you"
"You seem very kind compared to the other demi-gods and gods of war"
"Ah, yea... I don't really like the war, it just doesn't solve much in my opinion, I don't like getting into it, hence why I spend a lot of time with George and why I live in a cabin far away from it all"
" I can agree with that, though sometimes it is needed"
"Yea, I know that"
"Your all patched up! You want help getting out of here?"
"Yea, an exit would be nice, come visit sometime DreamXD"
"I will, I promise"
" I'll hold you to that promise "

~~~

since then DreamXD always comes around with gifts, it started off very manageable with flowers and such, but it soon turned into bees and other animals such as wolves, when I ask he always say it's because he doesn't want me to be lonely. I really enjoy his company and he seems to protect the people he trusts, I'm glad to know I'm one of those people.

- Credit to artists -