Karl Jacobs X Male Reader

Reader tames/rehabilitates wolves
Doesn't  follow canon plot

- Ezra -

- Ezra -

- Shirou -

- Shirou -

Y/N POV

I was sat by on the floor messing with Shirou as the other wolves were outside

"Why are you suck a pain Shirou"

He gave me an innocent look but Shirou knows what he's doing. I train wolves to go back into the woods and learn to do things on their own, rehabilitation If you will, but Shirou Is a pain, I've known him since he was born and we've practically never split ways, there are other wolves like Maliki, Ari, Ezra ect. but they stay outside most the time. I helped them all and they just stayed close I guess... I heard some shuffling around and Ezra howling so I grabbed my knife and made my way for the door, I didn't like people and many threatened me and my wolves, I couldn't take any chances. I opened it to see a crow with a letter, I grabbed the letter and started reading, it was from Phil. He said something about Techno going to the prison and how someone might be paying me a visit soon, he's old so if course he has to be cryptic, why couldn't he just tell me who?

"Old people annoy me."

I walked up to Maliki and Ezra, giving them a few pets before going back inside only to hear move movement and Ezra howling outside again so I pulled Shirou off me and sat up, just as I was about to open the door there was a knock. I grabbed a knife and headed to the door...

"Hi are you Y/N... Um, could you put the knife down? I just want a chat"
"Hm."

I let Shirou near the boy, he circled him with no malicious intent and I realised they'd met before, Shirou was too comfortable for it to be a stranger. He even let the boy go in for a pat which is a rare occurrence, especially for Shirou, he was normally snappy and violent around other people...

"Your a natural, almost like you've done this before"
"Ha, yea... I've never done this before... Totally"
"So you know Shirou?"
" Me? Um kinda"
"Huh, so... You must be the visitor Phil was talking about, I'm Y/N, Y/N L/N"
"I'm Karl Jacobs"
"Nice to meet you, are you coming in? It's still winter, not to mention I practically live in the mountains, you must be at least cold"
"Uh yea... I'm a bit cold"
"Any of you assholes coming inside?"

Ezra got up and went inside, the others either hunting for food or staying by the house, suddenly Mira(cat, no image for this one) came running toward the door, I picked her up to notice she was freezing

"Come on in Karl"

I walked inside and took off my boots, leaving me in my socks, I placed Mira by the fire and lent on Shirou for more warmth

"Sorry I don't have any furniture, I usually just sit on the rug"
" it's fine"
"If Ezra or Shirou comes near you don't panic, their just curious"
"I mean that's just natural isn't it?"
"Yea, not many people like them though"
"I don't know how people hate wolves"
"Me either but ehh"
"Can I help around here?"
" ... I mean yea, if course, but you'll need warmer clothes then that"
"Yea"
"And you should probably live here"
"So can I stay the night?"
"Why?"
" because I need to talk"
"Ok... I mean yea of course, the wolves have taken a liking to you and that's rare so honestly I don't see why not, they trust you and they don't trust easily"

I let Shirou go and he went over to Karl and sat down, looking him in the eyes

"He wants to warm you up, nod at him"

He nodded and Shirou rested him head on Karl's lap

"You must be cold"

I took off my cloak and gave it to him

"oh, I don't need this"
"You should keep it, I've lived here my entire life"
"But this runs in the family"
"... How did you know that?"
"This is what I needed to talk to you about"
" go on"
"I'm a time traveller, I travel years into the future or years into the past, I stumbled into your ancestors home and they welcomed me... I was sent to do bad things but I couldn't, they were so nice and I never had it in me to kill someone"
"... Ok?"
"I stayed there for months, I never risked dying and going back to the current time,so there I stayed and helped out and I learned how to rehabilitate your wolves, I knew what Shirou was doing the entire time and I wasn't panicked"
"..."

It did seem like a strange coincidence, some of the old wolves did have recognition but why would Shirou know him?

" Prove it"

He walked up to Ezra and sat by him, ready to jump away in case he snapped but Karl didn't have any hint of fear, not even I could do that when I was younger... Maybe he is telling the truth... He leaned forward and held out his hands, not forcing them in Ezra's face but if he wanted to be could smell Karl. Ezra sat up and sniffed his hand, sneezing before putting his head in Karl's hands

"Fucking hell... How the fuck do you have the guts to do that!?"
" I told you, I've done this before"
"Fine, I believe you but continue, I'm intrigued"

He slowly sat down properly and took Ezra with him, they cuddled up together and it was really cute

"Right, after a few months one of the wolves have birth, I was told to name it because I was new and they wanted to remember me, I had told them about the time traveling and it didn't actually destroy the world to my surprise. And I named him Kubo-"
" What? "

That can't be... But it makes sense, shitting hell that's him

"Yea, Kubo's Shirou's father"
"Your the boy they told me about"
"Huh?"
" they said they saw you die but your body disappeared, they knew you were from the future but they were never sure how far, so they told everyone for the future generations"
"Oh... It's nice they told people, but did they tell you how I died?"
" everyone but me knows... I was too young to really remember that much"
"Well I died because I got shot. There was an ambush a few months after I arrived, Kubo got stuck in the snow so I ran to help, the only belonging being a circular sheild, I blocked Kubo from the shot but I got shot in the stomach, to be precise a  large vessel which led to an organ, I was taught by your people the severity of injuries. Without treatment I'd live for ten or less minutes but I needed to protect Kubo, I got up and put Kubo behind me... I threw the shield at him and someone took care of it, FA/N (family name, if ye don't like ye fam like me then choose a person ye like or something, thy does not know)
" I got back to the house as fast as I could, which wasn't that fast to be honest and I gave the wolf to someone, they tried helping me but there were people they needed to kill, I told them I wouldn't be dead and for them not to worry, Kubo curled up by me until I died as far as I know"
"he sat there longer"
"?"
" He sat there for days, where your body used to lay, where the snow was still red, he didn't want to move, he hoped you'd come back but I must thank you for your kindness"
"he was worth risking my life for...I-Is Kubo still alive?"
" yea but... He's with F/N(friend Name) "
"Can we go see him?"
"We need sleep, tomorrow we'll go to Technos and Phil's, we need supplies, you need warmer clothes... The cloak stays here, we don't wear too many layers, how used to the cold are you?"
" ... "
"You lied about being cold didn't you?"
" Yea... "
"Right, your wearing a thermal top with shorts and an over shirt"
"Right, why shorts?"
" because we're riding on the wolves, and material makes them grumpy"
"Oh! I forgot about that"
" you rode a wolf? "
"Yes?"
"I WASN'T ALLOWED TO DO THAT FOR YEARS WHAT THE FUCK!?"
"Well they said I was a natural..."
" for fucks sake, come on... Your sleeping in my room tonight, I'm sleeping by the fire"
"I'll sleep by the fire too"
"Why?"
"because your rug is comfy and because I like sleeping with fire"
"Fire kink?"
" what the honk!? No. You know what I mean"
"True"
"night Y/N"
"night karl... Weird attracted to fire boy"
"Oh fridge off bro"

- Credit to artists -