Little Karl x Demi-God Reader

Y/n pov

(Based on Karl's maze episode of tales of the smp, mainly the other side and the clock dimension thingy)

I was sat, in the middle of the ticking clock, frozen in place with my legs crossed and headphones in.

When I froze I was either zoned out to shit or sleeping, which I was kind of doing both. But I woke up to someone entering XD's dimension. I opened one of my eyes, seeing XD and someone new? That was uncommon here. They spoke about the other side and the inbetween, about a choice or something, the boy looked at me once or twice but I didn't mind it, he clearly didn't know I was awake, or alive for that matter.

"Hey XD, right?"
"Yes kid?"
"Who's that person?"
"Y/n. Their a demi-god, an understudy of me actually, Y/N!?"
"..."
"Oh shit they were actually asleep... Xe is going to kill me for summoning Xem"
"Xe?"
"Yeah, Y/n's pronouns are interchangeable, they mainly use He/Him, Xe/Xem or They/Them, they don't mind so I just use all of them"
"Oh, that's neat! And summoned them?"
"Indeed. When you call a gods name, well in Y/n's case they choose people who can summon them by name actually... normally by certain rituals they can be summoned, it normally doesn't happen when they're asleep but it definitely disturbs them"
"Oh, that's sick"

XD stayed while Karl walked into the other side.

"Y/n?"
"Yes."
"Are you mad at me for waking you up?"
"Luckily, you weren't the thing that woke me... Well I was awake before you yelled to me"
"Thank heavens"
"What's he doing here anyway?"
"Hm? Oh he's just here to figure stuff out... Anyway, got better things to do, bye!"
"... fuck you XD"

XD started running but as I called his name he poofed back to me

"Haha! Fuckin' loser."

He glared at me before actually leaving and I, like a champ, went back to sleep

...

...

- Time Skip -

...

...

When the kid came back out he was mad, pissed even. Just as he walked past me I opened my eyes and spoke, probably spooking him a little.

"What're you doing kid?"
"Who are you?"
"I'm... its a shit title, I just overlook things okay"
"Okay... Well I'm headed to the inbetween"
"Kid, here's some advice. Don't listen to them, do what's right, don't let pressure destroy you, yes what they say is important but you shouldn't feel pressured by that"
"... thanks."

He walked off, back into the other portal, and now I went into the other side and found a lamppost, sitting on the ledges above the lights.

I was humming to myself before noticing an Overseer, I was confused by my own thoughts and wanted a second opinion.

"Do you think XD would be the person to ask to leave this place?"
"You know he'd say no kid, I mean, your the-"
"Don't say it!... And, I know... Just, that boy interests me"
"Karl?"
"Yeah, what'd you tell him anyway?"
"The truth, of course"
"Yeah... of course. Imma head out now Overseer, see ya soon?"
"Yeah"

I walked out the portal, more stressed then before but went into the inbetween now, surprise, surprise, to ask for another opinion but noticed Karl still there. I eavesdropped and realised Karl definitely wasn't a normal human being. I mean, he must be a time traveller or some other weird shit, I mean- why else would he be here?

He left the Overseer and saw me, he smiled and waved awkwardly, I laughed and he looked embarrassed

"Hey, don't be embarrassed Karl, your cute"
"I- What?"
"Man, that Overseer wants me, BYE KARL JACOBS!!"

- Time Skip -

I was sat on the clock again with XD, it'd been an hour of convincing XD to let me live down in the human world

"A year?"
"No."
"A month??"
"Not a chance."
"Come on XD! You fucking go down for hours at a time to watch and talk to George. You think I can take care of yours, mine and the overseers dimensions alone!?"
"Yeah but your the Overseer of Overseers, that's your job."
"NO IT FUCKING ISN'T DREAM-FUCKING-XD. DON'T YOU FUCKING THINK 🇮 GET STRESSED?!"
"..."
"I'm going down. You can't stop me."
"Half an hour. I'm summoning you back. Half an hour."
"..."

I stormed off, teleporting to Karl's front door. I knocked on the door and after a minute or two still didn't get a response. I changed into my human form and opened the door, heading up to his room when I didn't see anyone downstairs. When I got up there I forgot to knock and just opened the door. There was little equipment sprawled around everywhere. How I knew it was for littles? I did research on it when an old human friend of mine said they were one themselves and I was their caregiver.

I subconsciously gasped in pure surprise but by the look on Karl's face I think he thought it was in anger. I quickly rushed into the room, cradling him in my newly summoned bird wings. I picked him up and sat him on my lap, putting my legs up and down to simulate a rocking of some sort

"Hey, hey, hey, I'm not angry okay? It's cute, trust me little one"

He quickly Calms down and for the next half an hour I play with him.

After a while I take out my stopwatch

"Sorry bubs, I have only a few minutes before XD summons me back, I'll be back as soon as possible I promise"

He started crying so I hugged him, offering to tuck him in for sleep.

"But I wants yous to sleeps two! You'we comfie!"
"Sorry bubs, I will next time and when you come to XD's place we can go to mine after, bring your stuff with you"
"Pwomise?"
"Promise."

I held up my pinky to his, just clasping it before being teleported back. I was lucky I wrote a note for big him too before I left, but anyway.

I was sat in front of XD, pinky outstretched and my face became sour quickly. I put my pinky down and instead raised my middle one, sticking out my tongue before teleporting to my own dimension. It had two sides, one was cute and the other was dark and kinda spooky. I had this hella old castle with a giant aesthetic library and lanterns, the surroundings simular to the other side. The other was a cute cottage with more cosy and natural surroundings, when Karl  comes here that's probably where I'd take him.

I was sat in a chair, reading a book before remembering something. I summoned a feather quil and pulled up my sleeves to reveal a name filled wrist. I scribbled down Karl's name before I went back to reading.

...

...

...