Fourteen

" How long should we keep this going? I am worried for you " the taller girl asked, her eyes of worry never leaving the smaller girl as the two of them walked through the town with fingers intertwined.

" I'm totally fine. It's even more scary once Y/N would be the one to do those things instead. I prefer you " The smaller answered with a subtle smile.

" I know... It's just, I don't want to hurt you anymore. It's killing me "

" This is for our own good. Just hold on for a while longer. The school year is almost over, we're graduating. Then, we could stop this " the smaller explained as the taller one sighed in defeat.

" Thank you, for staying strong "

" Thank you, for being my strength "

As the two are strolling down the town, the smaller suddenly caught a glimpse of someone she knows so she stopped walking and pulled the taller back.

" She's here. Let's take the other route " she mumbled and the other humbly nodded before the two of them changed routes just like they talked about.

On the other hand, Y/N, after going home for a while to wash her face, stepped out once again to look for Mina whom she lost earlier when she got into a fight with that old man. Yes, Mina didn't even do anything to stop the fight. Instead, she just walked away without a word after watching Y/N and the said man ruin each other's face as if it was nothing. She didn't even say thanks to Y/N for saving her.

The man obviously lost cause what did you expect? It's Y/N. She literally has no mercy. A child, a teenager, a grown person or even an old person. She doesn't care. All she cares about is the pleasure of not losing. All she wants is the feeling of winning and that's all she cares about.

The sun is now down, replaced by the moon making everything look like they're shining. Y/N walked with her fists clenched, looking for the said mute girl. Pretty stupid if you're gonna ask me. First of all, how is she so sure that Mina is still somewhere nearby? It's seven in the evening and Mina could be home now.

Unlike earlier, Y/N has a plan. Once she finds Mina, she'll drag her somewhere dark. Surely enough, Mina won't be heard by anyone for she has a soft voice. She's literally mute so there's no way she'll get heard. After that, leave the dead, or might be alive Mina there and then, go straight to work. That's it.

Y/N smirked at the thought. For a while she walked around, still not finding Mina. That's until she walked past the corn dog stall she was in earlier. As if it's part of the plan, she found the said mute girl, sitting down, sipping on a pouch of what seems like yogurt.

' Oh, well... That was easy ' a thought made Y/N's lips curve up into a smile. Slowly, she made her way to the mute girl with her hands in her pockets. She approached the girl and sat on the chair facing Mina. She then watched the girl in silence thinking that this could be the last time she'll see the girl so admiring her for a while won't hurt. Will it?

" Took you long enough " surprisingly, Mina was the one who spoke up first. All these surprises every time the two of them would have an interaction is enough to keep Y/N amused for the rest of each one. Mina still didn't look up to Y/N. Her eyes are still glued to her lap for some reason.

Y/N smiled in amusement before she held the mute girl by the chin and made Mina look up at her. She raised a brow.

" See this? " Y/N asked while pointing at her busted lip in result of the fight that she got in earlier which is also due to Mina. The mute girl only stared at Y/N's face in silence, supposedly admiring the bully's face and it annoyed Y/N. She's asking a question, and Mina is just stupidly staring at her face.

In fury, Y/N's hand which is under Mina's chin clenched, squeezing Mina's jaw along with her cheeks. Mina released a squeak showing just how painful it is but Y/N couldn't care less.

" Answer me when I'm asking you a question " Y/N sternly stated but Mina only scrunched her nose in pain before forcefully pulling Y/N's hand from her face that left a mark as Y/N was squeezing her face harshly just a few moments ago.

Y/N angrily stood up and slapped the table. Even the chair where she sat fell over. Y/N's monolid eyes started throwing daggers to Mina and it was surely scary. The aura around her also changed. It was much darker than before.

Mina gasped but not because of Y/N's recent doings. Instead, she saw a sight of someone from behind Y/N and there's no way she'd let that person find her at this time of night. Without even thinking twice, she stood up and ran to the other side of the road. But she did something more bizarre than that.

She held Y/N's hand as she ran away.