Thirty Five

Everybody wants to celebrate their graduation day. Specially, when you've worked years just to gain that feeling of success as you walk down that stage on your special day.

But for Momo, that's apparently not the case.

"Are you sure you don't want to step outside your room, Momoring?" For the 7th time, the same soft voice pushed through Momo's wooden door along with three consecutive knocks.

"Auntie, please. Just leave me alone." With a hoarse voice, the Japanese girl responded from the other side of the door, refusing to come out.

"Honey, I understand that you're not feeling well but just remember that I'm here, okay?" the middle-aged woman softly said. "I'll always be here if you're ready to talk." she continued before a sigh that signified the end of her thoughts.

She was just about to walk away when she heard the door click, followed by the slow creaking sounds made by it being opened.

"A-Auntie," The day was supposed to be happy. She was supposed to be out there, celebrating with her friends and having fun. Instead, she stood there in her almost soggy, light-blue hoodie.

Her voice were shaking, her eyes were puffy, and it was obvious that she has been crying. There was no other words that needed to be said, her aunt quickly got the memo, ran to her and engulfed her in a huge hug.

In that exact moment, the student almost immediately broke down in tears, as they both gently fell on the floor, just holding each other.

"It's okay, just cry it out, honey." she softly whispered in an attempt to comfort the other. "Whenever you're ready to talk," she continued caressing the other's back in hopes of calming her down.

"I should've s-seen it coming." She stuttered as she desperately tried to get the words out of her system. "It was obvious, but..." Momo took a deep breath as she tried to make something out of the jumbled thoughts in her head.

"I don't know what I expected... B-But it was definitely not t-that."

FLASHBACK TO CHAPTER 30

"Y-Y/N-ah, p-pleaze stay." she saw it with her very own eyes, how the woman she loves seemed truly happy in someone else's arms. She couldn't even deny it for herself; Tzuyu was still in love. Deeply, in love.

It's not like she didn't know that, it's just that Tzuyu has been keeping those feelings in for so long that she'd hoped they would be gone by then. If she was one to talk, she'd probably even say that Y/N ruined everything for her. But that's selfish, isn't it?

"Chou Tzuyu, come here." she cleared her throat as she let out the firmest voice she could ever. Her lips were trembling but she tried her best not to show that.

"Who are you?"

It's me, the only one who saw you at your darkest and still loved you anyway.

Maybe if she was anything like Y/N, she would've had the courage to say that. That's what she tells herself every single time. If only she was Y/N.

"H-Have you forgotten? It's 10PM. I came to show you my face." She continued as she took hesitant steps towards the other end of the rooftop where the two were standing. She was scared, and hurt.

Cause she knew that she didn't stand a chance.

"How could you not know? Or do you just really not see me?" She added as she continued approaching the two who were still closely entangled with each other.

"Who are you?"

Right, who am I?

"It's Hirai Momo, stupid fucktard." Then it was Y/N to yet again, ruin things for Momo as the latter - right after saying that - immediately left the scene, not wanting to get involved any longer.

But that was the problem.

"Y/N!" Followed right after her was the class president, like a child in desperate need of her presence. Tzuyu didn't even bat and eye to Momo, who was just standing there. To Momo, Tzuyu rather looked like a fool chasing after Y/N, but Momo understood... *

"Tzuyu, please." That was the only thing the other could mumble. Tears were already threatening to fall as Momo took a deep breath.

"You made her leave, Momo! Look at what you did! You're so - stupid!" then it was the sound of the rooftop door being shut closed.

Tzuyu ran after Y/N, desperately. While Momo was left there with her own thoughts. The latter's hands were shaking, tears were already making their way down Momo's cheeks but there was nothing else she could do.

She could've accepted it if she'd been rejected. That's what she expected to receive after all. A rejection, would've done better. Maybe then, they could've done something to keep their friendship. But she didn't expect Tzuyu to react that way at all. She wasn't rejected, her feelings weren't even acknowledged. She was just left hanging as she had no choice but to give herself the answer.

Tzuyu doesn't want you, she wants Y/N. And she's willing to lose you, if it's for Y/N. - which, she just did. It may sound foolish but still, she understood more than anyone.

... She has been the biggest fool after all.

• ❀ •

Momo has always been there.
She knew more than half of Tzuyu's life. It was hard for Tzuyu to open up anything to anyone considering that she's an introvert but with Momo, that was never a problem.

She was there,
when Tzuyu started her relationship with Y/N. She watched the two of them fall in love like a proud parent.

She was there
during the times when Tzuyu couldn't hold back her anger whenever Y/N would let herself get hurt.

And she was still there, when Y/N and Tzuyu ended it. It was a great love, as she witnessed. But it was the aftermath that was catastrophic.

She weren't even the one who was in a relationship, but she kept all of its receipts. Even the promise ring Tzuyu and Y/N got for their monthsary, she kept it.

She never had the biggest role, but she was happy with that. She was never the first choice, and she'd always been contented with just that.

She never wanted more.

But...

Just how she wishes she was Y/N.

Just for once.