Twenty-Three

MOMO's Point of View

"Should I do this? What if she sees me? " 

a few steps away from the blue convenience store at the corner of the street, I stopped walking and asked myself. 

It's 7 in the morning and for some reason, I decided to check on Y/N if she's somehow in the shop that she's working on but now that I'm standing here, a few steps away from the place I think I've made an awful decision. 

Why did I even want to check on her in the first place? 

" It's alright, Momo. Just go and everything's gonna be alright " I said to myself and took a few deep breaths to calm myself down. 

Without even knowing it, my feet started to make their moves and I was slowly walking to the same convenience store wherein Y/N works. The more closer I get to it, the faster my heart beats but I ignored it. Despite getting the feeling that something bad is gonna happen, I ignored it and continued walking. 

Now that I'm standing here at the side of the shop, seeing everything inside due to the glass walls used, I stood firmly and hid behind a car parked in front. It was the same car last Saturday, the one that the scary man owned. Right, he's here. 

I was feeling anxious once again so I took a deep breath and cheered on myself mentally before standing 'straight' and walking to the shop. I opened the glass door and the wind chimes rang softly but I ignored it and I walked to the corner of the shop, pretending that I was gonna buy something.

From time to time, I would take glances at the empty counter. 

" Is Y/N not here? " I whispered to myself. 

" No, that's impossible. She would always stay here until she needed to go to school at 10 " contradicting my previous statement, again, I mumbled lowly. 

Suddenly, there was a loud crash coming from the front or maybe the counter making me flinch. I almost even released a squeak but thankfully I was fast enough to cover my mouth with my hands. 

What was that?! 

I yelled inside my head.

" Why the fuck were you in the hospital?! " 

That voice... it sounds so familiar... 

" An accident happened, sir " quietly, I peeked at the counter and there, I saw Y/N standing flat on her feet, wearing a sky blue hoodie and she was getting scolded by the guy that I saw last Sunday. I knew it, it was him. 

" Accident my ass! You were gambling, were you?! " he was furious. He kept on yelling on Y/N's face but Y/N didn't even flinch once. 

" No, sir. I've stopped doing that a long time ago " Y/N explained looking so calm even though the man looked like he was ready to eat her alive. 

" You think I would believe that? I counted the money in the register, 50, 000 won were missing, " his voice went deeper when he said this and he started stepping closer to Y/N and Y/N, she started shaking in fear as she continuously took steps backward just to avoid the furious man.