Twenty Six

26.

—FAST FORWARD—
8 hours before Park Jinyoung's birthday party.

"You should seriously consider attending the party." continuously, Seungmin kept on pestering the shit out of Y/N.

Even at her own work, he persisted— even traveling literal miles just to follow wherever the young woman strays.

"Only if you pay me enough," smirked Y/N making Seungmin only blink in surprise.

"That's like, the first time you ever talked to me without saying 'shut up' or 'fuck off'." Seungmin declared, still with the same surprised look on his face.

"Want me to take it back—"

"No! I will pay you! I'll just wait for my next paycheck! Just go to the party! You won't regret it, I swear!" He quickly announced with a now, wide grin on his face. He almost even jumped on his spot just to celebrate Y/N agreeing to his propositions.

Y/N laughed.

"Forget it, I'm not going no matter what you say."

"That is not fair! You can't take it back!" Seungmin whined, stomping his feet like a child on the floor as he quickly changed his mood from being the jolly child he is to being this whiny child, still.

"Shut the fuck up, can you?"

"Tzuyu is gonna be there! Momo is gonna be there! Even my friends from other schools would attend!" He defended. Y/N could only bite the inside of her cheek to restrain herself from doing anything that might cause harm to this man.

"Everybody would be there!"

"I will count to three, if you don't leave, I'll beat the shit out of you."

"N-No, Y/N! WAIT, hear me out! I swear it's gonna be worth it! You just have to go!" In a blink of an eye, Y/N started to sense panic oozing out of Seungmin's aura, his eyes turned wider, and he looked quite, desperate.

"One," the bully had started the countdown.

"It's gonna be fun, I promise!" Seungmin does know what Y/N's capabilities are, and that alone scares him.

But despite all of that, he continues to pursue Y/N into breaking down her walls and opening up to people again or to him, at least.

He was obsessing over making Y/N see him as someone that would cause no harm even though he knew that Y/N, herself isn't afraid of any danger.

At the back of his head, he could tell that Y/N is just scared. No matter what it is, he wants to prove the bully wrong.

"Two," Y/N continued.

"I-I," panic, desperation, fear; he was  feeling all of the above, but still, he tried to come up with something to say.

Y/N is a dangerous person.

"I promise, after this one, I'll leave you all alone! Just as you want!"

"Three,"

"Maybe, it's best if you run."

"Uwah, you look so pretty, unnie!"

"Wah, I'm really nervous about this,"

"Don't worry! It'll be okay, right? We've talked about this already!" Dahyun might've tried to cheer her unnie up with a big, hopeful, smile on her face but  as she combs back through her memory, she'd release a sigh with a sad look on her face.