Thirty Two

"Her name was Jeon Somi."

She started with a sigh as the eyes around her all patiently wait for her next words. All she did was hang her head low, feeling ashamed for even trying to justify her doings.

Tzuyu was on the other side of the room, reading a book while she's there, being surrounded by people whom she barely knew, yet, there she was, still telling her side of the story.

"She was the love of my life, she was my best friend." she continued. While everyone was silenced.

"Her family owned a big company overseas, while I was an orphan. Still, that didn't stop her from befriending me. I tried so hard to avoid her, but heck, she was one hell of a stubborn woman." Chaeyoung chuckled as she tried hard to recall the latter's smile. Oh, how she still misses her.

"What happened to her Chaeyoung? What happened to your relationship?" it was a student who asked loudly enough for Chaeyoung's smile to once more, fade down into a frown.

"I found her mother cheating on her dad... I accidentally found it out, and I told her dad about it- it was the right thing to do. What I didn't know was that I would ruin her family, and that I would ruin our relationship." Chaeyoung continued with a sigh.

"How? But you did the right thing!" it was yet another voice who asked.

"Well, yeah, but-"

-FLASHBACK-

"I-I'm so sorry! I swear, I didn't intend any harm!" Chaeyoung tried to explain her side while Somi, her best friend sat on the pavement, crying in despair as she just heard the news that her parents both just signed their divorce papers - all because of infidelity - that was again, discovered by Chaeyoung.

"You could have kept it to yourself! Or you could have told me first!" Chaeyoung understood that Somi was going through something she would never understand; after all, she never experienced having parents.

"I'm so sorry, S-Somi, I thought it was the right thing to do-"

"Hell, yeah, like you would ever understand! What do you know about what's right and wrong, Chaeyoung?! You're just an orphan, no parents, no family! What would you know?!" She could tell that Somi was so frustrated, damn frustrated that if she could, she would've hurt Chaeyoung physically.

But she couldn't, she loved Chaeyoung more than that to even lay a hand on her, still, at that moment, she was mad- not at Chaeyoung, but at her parents who decided to end it without even thinking about her and her sister.

But, of course, she wouldn't realize that.

"I'm sorry..." that was the only thing Chaeyoung could say. She was sorry, but she knew she wouldn't have anything to do to make it better.

"You should be! I hate you, I blame you!"

"S-Somi, I'm so sorry, I swear I'll never do it again!" Chaeyoung gasped out as she heard the words: "I hate you." come out of her best friend's lips. She understood that Somi would blame her, she deserved it.

"Of fucking course, you won't! Don't ever come near me again, I hate you so damn much. You ruined my life."

With those words, Chaeyoung fell on her knees, begging. Tears were flooding her eyes down to her cheeks as she cried, apologizing, blaming herself, and even swearing to never ever get involved in a family, she swore to even decline the chances of her getting adopted, just for Somi.