36

An Alcoholic's Épopeé  i

The lonely nights weren't so lonely anymore, because we found a companion at the bottom of a bottle, by draining a sachet and by making sure the can is quite empty. We never knew how we got there, we just knew we were there, and we didn't want to leave.

Cries and Wails of Too much is bad, You're hurting yourself, Stop. goes down the drain like the liquid goes down our throats.

Thinking, we say, Don't they know?. They don't know, they don't quite understand, let's make them understand.

It's not just drinking, There's an aesthetic and love that comes with it, there's that rush that hits you unexpectedly, the numbness in your soul, the freeness in your vein, and the fact that you can fly.

Perhaps this feels like a drunken woman's words, but it's not, just a woman trying to let you see from her perspective.

You see, Everyone has something that takes the pain away, something that helps them forget, and for us, Alcohol comes in handy, occasionally. I mean, we aren't addicted to the liquid, just the feeling that comes with it, the Glee, bliss, beauty, joy and for others -- like me, that liquid down our throats is our medium to feel, it comes crashing down, all emotions bottled in; pain, anger, regrets frustrations, love, everything comes table crashing, we get our avenue to feel and sometimes we don't just feel, we explode, perhaps it's not so good.

Here I am, staring at the moonlight, singing an alcoholic's song, dancing to the rhythm my liquid sings and writing an Alcoholic's Épopeé.

16,08,2021.
10;03pm.

RANTS.

Trying out something new.
Stay tuned for part ii.