12

you live in my dreams, in my imaginations, in my wishes, you live in my head. you are always there, taking different forms, different faces, different skin color, but what is never different is the way you make me feel, the way you make me smile and laugh, the way you don't become the center of my universe, instead you become my whole universe.

i don't know you yet, i have not met you yet, i have not seen you yet, but when we meet i'll know, like one of my favorite book says whatever our souls are made off, his and mine are the same. when i see you i will recognize you because our souls are the same. all the molecules and cells in me will leap for joy when we finally meet.

few things keep me going, and you're one of them, which is ridiculous, cause i haven't met you yet. i have not seen you, or met you, or talked to you, and yet you've given me hope, you've given me faith, you make me believe.

i don't know you, but i already love you.

i am tempted to say "come quickly." but i will say, don't rush it, come at your own pace, my love. i will be here waiting for you, expecting you, but my darling, i might not be what you expect, perhaps i am still not mended or i have gone crazier. maybe my growth had to be halted for you to make me whole, but then i'll rather be perfect and whole for you, when we meet.

on one rainy night perhaps, i'll read you rapi kaur's poem -- our souls are mirrors, and we'll relate to it so much because we know we were made as one to begin with, and i will whisper to you whatever our souls are made off, yours and mine are the same.

___ to my soulmate.

_________ ellie a. o.