14

You were good to me.

I noticed the songs are fewer, so are the books. Perhaps I understand why. It is underrated because it's better kept a secret, because it is shameful, or too open, too bare -- vulnerable, not everyone is meant to see us, and the one that did, left.

A loss is a loss is a loss, Rupi said, and I agree because, despite how society underrates this, it is still a loss, a rather significant loss, because it still feels empty most times.

At the end of every road, you were good to me.”

You were good to me, that's undisputable, I do not know if I was to you, but it doesn't matter because you were good to me, till the very end. Perhaps, there was flashes of pain, wrong words, hurt, lies, so much pain and agonizing heartbreak in between, but you were good to me.

I am sorry, for the turn life took, for the pain it brought. I do miss the days, just late night walks under billions of stars in a town that is far from home, but we can't keep love in a jar, we can't stop or reverse time, we make do, and we did. This is what a sad smile feels like, a beautiful thing intertwined with the opposite.

You were good to me, I found the song --- sometimes, you find songs, without really searching, sometimes the universe speaks, and we listen, because you were good to me. As sad as this is, I won't change a thing. Everyone that I met, that I loved, that I lost, that led to this moment. Every moment, every turn, every walk, every fight, every loss, every break, I really won't change a thing.

This is for me, as much as it is for you. Every ending doesn't have to be sad, despite, it still is. It is the end of an era, and you were beautifully good to me.