04

She sat down, staring at the doctor in amusement, wondering how she could be pregnant.

                            The Doctor asked why she was laughing and she told him because it was impossible for her to be pregnant. A lot of reasons established that fact, she doesn't have a sexual partner and she is even on her monthly period, she imagined her parent's reaction and laugh even harder.

                            Her friend was called in and both of them laughed at the doctor's findings. She asked the doctor to carry out the scan again, the doctor did it, and it brought out a different result!.

                          She wasn't pregnant, the doctor said he would have to inject her to stop the vomiting. There she was about to face her greatest fear, Injections. After much persuasion and assurance that the injection won't really hurt, she was injected.

                         Felt like hell, they lied

                        She was given more drugs and was asked to go home, on getting home, she called one of her friend back at Home, both laugh over the pregnancy issue.

                        That night, she slept, hoping to sleep soundly, but she woke at intervals, no nightmares this time though. At Dawn, she rushes outside to puke again, it made her tired, she took her bath, used the loo and headed to the hospital.

                         She explained to the doctor, Typhoid was diagnosed. She's not pregnant, She's Sick and needs urgent treatment. She called and explained everything in tears, again because the paim was getting much.

                       The Doctor told her she would be admitted, she called another friend back at Home, but obviously the friend is a bad Conversationalist so she had to end the call.

                        She had no choice, she had to face it, while the fluid was been passed into her body, she waited for it, the calls or the text but neither came, she slept through her pain even though in her slumber, it still hurt.

                        She wondered Is it so easy to care less?
Why hasn't he called
Maybe he isn't aware of her sickness
Even though he isn't, shouldn't he call to check on her

                        All through the pain of the Injection and drips, nothing hurted more than the realization that he won't call or text, maybe he is with someone else, maybe he is happier, if he won't call, how about her friends, won't they call, won't they check how she's fairing, won't they check if she ain't dead!

                         Or is she been Dramatic!?

                          The Doctor came and gave her more drip and gave her the bills, She called home, negotiations was made, the money was sent.

                          She was discharged

                          At home, she lays on her bed, in pains, tears falling, he didn't call, he didn't text, he cared less.

                          The next morning she called her friend and got to know he wasn't aware she was sick. She sent him a long text, pouring out her heart, she waited for his reply, she waited but he didn't reply.

                        Is it so easy to care less, She is still waiting

                        The doctor claimed she's healed, he claimed she's better, but why does it still hurt?, Why is there still a hurtful ache in her chest?, Why does she still feel sick?.

                          It's been a year, but she still feels dead.

                          In a fucked up way, She's still secretly waiting.

_____ ellie a.o.