11

"what are you afraid of?" she asks casually, her gaze shifting back to her phone, and all he does is stare.

"i'm afraid of everything, of every breath and every step i take. i am afraid i'll forever be a hurricane. i'm afraid i'll be forever broken. i am afraid i will never find her, the one who'll love me, who'll listen to my dc and marvel rants without getting tired."

"i am afraid i won't give back to those who have given to me. i am afraid i will slowly become the darkness i write about. i am afraid i will forever hate myself. i am afraid I will forever want my whole being submerged underneath water. i am afraid i will always be rejected, unnoticed, and -- my feelings -- unrequited."

"i am afraid we'll never know peace. I am afraid he'll one day have had enough and just cut us off. i am afraid she'll drown and slowly become all the wrong things i fought against. i am afraid he'll disappear just like he says."

"i am afraid we'll never know peace, they'll always be this note in my throat that never loosens. i am afraid i will always be pitiful in their faces. i am afraid i will never become all i want to be. i am afraid of many things, these are just few. " He means to tell her, but instead he shuts his mouth, and look away, the question left unanswered, not that she cares, no one does.

_______ ellie a. o.