Show me your skills.

Laura West

''We have plans today'' He states.

''We?'' I question.

''Well yes Laura, I want to see your skills. I want to see what your mother taught you'' He says.

''But I barely remember anything?''

''Just show me what you remember then.'' He states irritably I can tell he's getting annoyed I'm not just obliging with what he says. He's used to being in control and everything going his way but I am fighting against it.

''Why?'' I question.

He tuts, ''So many questions Laura let's just get it done, yes?''

I nod my head as he pulls into some fancy warehouse. You would expect it to be some scary place, with graffiti all over but it's not, I have read so many mafia romance stories where the warehouse was destroyed so to see this was weird, but again I suppose my life isn't a mafia romance novel.

If anything it looks well looked after but one thing I do notice is very high security. There are men with guns circling the property.

The scenery, however, was idyllic. There was nobody for miles this is somewhere you would fantasize about living.

There's a small lake next to the large doors and gravel surrounds the building.

The wheels on Antonios car turn the gravel up as he pulls into a parking spot.

''No houses or buildings for miles, just pure land and fields'' He says.

He steps out and I follow behind. Two very large men pull the doors open and Antonio nods at them.

''Welcome back boss'' One of them says as we walk through the doors.

They slam shut with force behind us and I jump a little before turning my gaze to the massive area in front of me.

The walls are lined with metal shelving which is stacked with boxes upon boxes.

There are men and women working and I watch as they check through the boxes, pulling out guns and many other suspicious packages.

Antonio leads me to a room at the back. I see it's a shooting range but also equipped on the table were knives. My mother had simply taught me how to shoot a gun but that was all I knew with them.

But knives were her specialty she had taught me from young how to use a knife. She knew the dark world she had brought me into and she made sure she would protect me until the end but I also needed to be able to protect myself.

I picked one of the knives up and studied it.

My mother was never stupid she knew I would come to challenges and she knew that because of her position I was in danger no matter what. She knew that if something happened to her it would all fall onto me.

Fortunately, I hadn't been sucked into that dark life, I had avoided it at all costs. Until I met the devil himself.

Antonio Giovanni Ricci.

His voice snapped me out of my thoughts.

''Go on then princess, throw that knife for me'' I turn to look at him and he's leaning against the wall smirking.

I turn back and throw the knife full force at the target hitting it dead on center.

I grab the second knife and I turn to him before throwing it behind the way my mother had shown me.

She called it the sneak attack, her lustful targets would never suspect it they had always thought she was pouring the wine when she would hit them in the heart.