Laura's birthday.

Laura West.

The last time I had a birthday celebration, I mean a real one with presents and everything, was before my mother died.

Since then birthdays are fun but dull. No happiness like it used to be. I was on the streets for a few of my birthdays and they were the worst. I couldn't even buy myself a cake and celebrate alone.

This birthday was no exception, I didn't expect to have any special treatment.

After me and Antonio were in his room yesterday he helped clean me up then we said our goodbyes to everyone and went home. He was kind after and I like this side of him although I feel wary of him snapping and changing again, it is definitely hard to put trust into him after everything.

When I woke up this morning he wasn't in bed with me, not like he had an obligation to just because its my birthday.

I got out of bed and made my way to the kitchen to make my favourite breakfast, my special one I have on my birthday. I have little traditions with myself to make the day feel somewhat special.

When I step into the living room my mouth drops open. There are roses on the coffee table with balloons covering the floor and my little cat stands tall on the sofa looking at me. 

This all reminds me of the extravagant things my mother used to do for my birthday and I feel happiness consuming my heart.

I turn to the door to see the topless man who my brain was telling me definitely was not the creator of this surprise. The small smirk that played on his lips tells me otherwise.

''You like?'' He asks with hope in his eyes.

''You did this?'' I ask with my voice quivering lightly.

He nods before stepping towards me and placing the cup and plate in his hands onto the coffee table.

''Do you not like it?'' He asks, like maybe this was something he wasn't used to doing. Something nice for anyone.

I let tears fall as I latch my arms around him, he goes stiff as if this was the most unexpected thing before he wraps his strong arms around me.

''No, no I love it.'' I feel his body relax even more ''Nobody has done something like this for me for a while'' I smile as I pull away, wiping my tears.

''I made you tea and pancakes.'' He says pointing to the coffee table.

''And everyone dropped there presents off for you so you can have a nice day in'' He finishes as I sit on the sofa and begin eating my food. He plops himself onto the armchair.

I finish my food and move over to presents, I feel terrible that everyone had bought me things even though they barely know me.

Luca and Courtney, who I assumed are a couple now, got me some new Louboutins they were nude open toe and the red bottom was the most gorgeous thing I had managed to rake enough money to buy myself a pair of these when I first started Antonios law firm, but now they were old and over worn, I was so in love. That is so much money and I would've been happy for that to be my only gift but this was a mafia family, above and beyond was the way to go.

In the card Luca joked about his near death experience and Courtney left her number as in her words we were best friend soulmates. I agree.

My next present was from Ella, as I opened it I felt my eyes tearing up. It was a glass rose with my mothers initials carved onto it.

Ella always knew exactly what I needed even if I didn't know myself.

Next was Andy's present, he bought me a MacBook and I stood in disbelief at the amount of money this kind family were spending on me. I needed a laptop for work and here in my lap was the best of the best.