Elena is suspicious.

A/N Can I just say I am blown away by all of your support over the past 2 days I am overwhelmed with it and I can't thank you all enough. I hope you enjoy the chapter

Laura West

The rest of the drive home was relatively quiet, apart from when I was talking to the kitty or It was meowing.

As we pulled up to the house it was about 7 pm.

Darkness was falling quickly due to an already gloomy day, I really honestly love gloomy days. But only when I'm in bed with a hot drink.

The drizzle started to lightly hit the window as we pull into the garage.

Antonio climbs out before walking over to my side to open my door so I can carry my new pet in.

I step out with the cat nestled in my arms while Antonio grabs my suitcase the plastic wheels droning over the concrete.

I open the door into the house and step in, Antonio following close behind as he leaves my suitcase by the stairs.

I hear footsteps coming our way as Elena, Harry and Milly walk into the room.

Milly runs towards us, she was obviously off to bed as she had her hair in little braids and her lion king Pjs on like the day I babysat her.

''Laura, I have missed you so much'' She says before she looks up at me, an audible gasp leaves her mouth.

''Is that a cat?!'' She exclaims ''You got a cat? Oh my gosh, Laura. Lion is going to have a friend. Is it a girl or boy?'' She asks.

I place the little cat down so Milly can pet it and it can get used to the new surroundings.

Milly is once again so gentle with the cat as to not put it through any more stress.

''I'm not sure whether it's a girl or boy yet but I will take it to the vet tomorrow after work to get it checked ok?'' I say to her and she nods in understanding, far too consumed in the new addition to the household to reply.

''Where's my excited reunion mill's?'' Antonio questions besides me playfully.

''I have already seen you Uncle A, plus have you seen,'' She pauses to look at him ''There's a brand new cat here'' She gestures gleefully at the cat.

Antonio lets out a chuckle before returning to his phone. He was not too interested in the reunion as he had seen them all earlier and he obviously had lots of work to do.

I walk over to Elena giving her a little hug before she holds my hands and I stand in front of her.

''How was it.'' She gives me a somber look, her eyes softening as she can tell my brain raced through the events.

''As good as you can expect I suppose, meeting a man who is your father while with his worst enemy.'' I laugh a little trying to hide the emotion in my voice although I am not sure quite what it is.

Fear? Sadness? Anger?

''You're brave for that'' She says giving me a tight hug before releasing me as I look to Harry as he speaks.

Harry, from what I have seen, Is not affiliated with the mafia and is simply a man Elena had fallen in love with and he works a pretty ordinary job. I like him although he is a man of few words he is kind.

''You are really brave Laura, I could never do what you have done. You've been forced into this very quickly and you have handled it so well'' He says giving me a kind smile flashing his pearly whites.

''Thank you harry'' I return his smile and he nods.

''Laura, I have to go to bed but can you make sure the new kitty meets Lion. I want them to be the best of friends.'' Milly asks and I step back slightly in front of Antonio who is still consumed in his phone.