Rock bottom.

Laura West.

Why.

Why send the doctor to stitch me up if you're going to beat them out of me in the next hour.

I've decided my father obviously doesn't like me, maybe because I didn't put out for him like he thought I would?

He's sick in the head and I can't help but wonder what the fuck is going on am I like him?

This doctor is nice, for however long I've been here, he comes every time and he feeds me and gives me water, and respectfully helps me go to the toilet. I find little comfort in the way he is and he doesn't seem much like a terrible mafia man.

My arms are dead, I haven't felt them for a while and my legs are battered and bruised.

I don't think there's an inch of my body that isn't covered in blood or bruised.

My father's new thing is running knives up my body and cutting lightly, not stabbing. Just cuts. All over.

He's just finished his most recent attack and the doctor comes in. I look up and drop my head back down with no strength to speak.

He feeds me a bit of granola and gets to work on patching me up.

''Could you read this for me Laura I need to check your eyesight, but just read it out quietly to yourself while I work'' He says and I turn to him as he holds up a pill bottle with writing on it.

I squint my already puffy eyes to read it.

''I work for Antonio, He's coming soon'' I say quietly as he cleans my face up.

My mouth drops and I look at him in shock as he hushes me.

''Perfect your eyesight is doing good'' He smiles trying to play it off while he puts the pill bottle into his bag.

''When?'' I say quietly as he cleans up my face.

''Soon, I promise we're just figuring it all out'' He says almost incoherently.

I nod my head as he packs up and sends me a small smile.

I would try to reciprocate the smile but my head is painful, the most painful so I just sit there.

He's actually coming? I thought he wouldn't care, It's good for his mafia. What do I offer that is worth more than an alliance.

For however long I have been here I have refrained from thinking about him I thought I would never see him again, that I will simply live like this forever but to hear he will in fact come to get me is the most relief I have felt for a while.

Antonio Ricci.

2 days.

Two fucking days.

The second I knew where she was I needed to get her I was so close to getting in my car and getting her myself.

But my father said no. Of course, I knew better. Marco is going to have his strongest men there, she's like crown jewels and when two powerful mafias want her there's no way he isn't protected to the max and If I went in alone I would just get killed.

So we plan, my cousin sends me updates of her every hour. I can't bear having to leave her for so long but I can't go in unprepared and get myself and possibly her killed.

I dial Marco's number, that's the plan to make out that we are taking the alliance. Then he lets his guard down. And we attack.

''Ahhh, I was awaiting your call Antonio'' He answers enthusiastically.