Back at the house

Antonio Ricci.

I sound like some soppy romantic and trust me, that's not me.

But for her? I guess that's what I felt like being. Telling her that she was worth a lot to me. More than I have ever cared to admit. But for real, while she sat in my passenger seat, I felt no obligation to be an asshole, no obligation to sit straight and act smart and like a big old mafia man.

I like being comfy with her equally as comfy as she is next to me. Yes, she sure as fuck annoys me and she's naive, and the things I have said and done she shouldn't have stayed she should've left but she didn't.

In Italy when I felt myself getting too close, with her in that dress, I wanted to dance with her to hold her and just show her off. So I put that fucking wall up.

I left her there, but every hour I didn't get a call or text back, I worried.

It's my own fault but I put the barrier up and regretted it. Because every woman will do me as Marie did before college. Every girl will fuck my best friend and make me feel shit, hurt me.

But I look at them gorgeous eyes and I find it hard to tell myself she wouldn't do me like that. There's no way.

While we eat she laughs and I feel myself almost doing it too, letting genuine smiles fall through the cracks of the asshole I so believed I was.

Laura West.

He smiled and I could almost see a laugh coming as we sat together, in the car park eating our food. It was the most natural I have felt with him ever.

But as I lay here with his arms wrapped around me as he sleeps I can't help but wonder how far we can go until one of us gets hurt.

I drift off to sleep, with that on my mind.

I'm awoken to him sat on the end of the bed sleeping in fast Italian. I watch his back muscles and his tattoos coat his back. He is very hot.

He turns to me and mouths 'Stop eye-fucking me' with a small smirk before turning back around.

He knows me too well, I laugh a little and move to the bathroom.

The swelling has gone down significantly since yesterday and I look somewhat normal, minus the purple bruises on my face. I start to get ready for the day, feeling the motivation to go out again but more to get out of the car now that my face is less swollen.

Antonio walks in, doing up his cuff links.

''I have to go to the house today will you be okay here?'' He questions as he reaches for his toothbrush.

I haven't seen him in a suit for a while so I drink in the sight.

''Can I come?'' I ask and he nods his head.

''Your face looks less swollen, feeling better?'' He questions and I nod with a smile.

I finish getting ready and throw on a pair of black jeans and a white top. I pair it with some converse and I throw a jacket over myself before walking to the living room.

''Ready?'' I ask and he nods turning to me.

His gaze falls down on me.

''Beautiful'' He says quietly and I smile as he turns around. His hesitation when saying nice things is cute, although I would never tell him he was cute I think that's the last thing a man like him wants to hear.

We climb into the car and begin the drive.

''Your birthday tomorrow amore, do you want to do anything?'' He asks.