•𝑃𝑆• 𝐹𝑜𝑢𝑟

The Potions lesson ended around 15 minutes ago and now most people were in the great hall doing their homework and/or studying.

Cassia was still proud of receiving points and glanced over to the house points hourglass to see that Ravenclaw were currently in the lead, she then looked to Seamus as she heard him muttering a spell.

"Eye of rabbit, harp string hum, turn this water, into rum."

He looked to see if it had worked, but sat back down and sighed before trying again. But what Cassia heard next, made her face palm.

"What's Seamus trying to do to that glass of water?"

Cassia rolled her eyes and stated.

"No wonder you didn't get sorted into Ravenclaw, Potter. Rethink what you just said and let it sink into your head."

Harry scoffed and went to talk back, but Ron answered.

"Turn it to rum, he actually managed a weak tea yesterday, before-"

He got cut off by a loud bang noise, a bright flash and then laughter. Cassia and Carla looked over to see Seamus' face covered in soot and his hair all over the place. Hermione wafted the smell of smoke that was coming out of the cup away from her face with a disgusted look on her face.

Then there was the sound of owls hooting, making Ron announce with a smile.

"Ah, mail's here."

Everyone looked up to see a lot of owls fly into the great hall, many dropped off letters, packages, parcels, or some just dropped off a newspaper.

As for Cassia, her owl, Smiley, swooped down and landed on her shoulder, softly headbutting her, Cassia headbutted back and thanked her as she removed the letter and small package from her talons.

Cassia first looked at the envelope and saw it was from her parents, so she happily opened it, unfolded the paper and then read it.

Dear Cassia,

We hope you're getting settled into Hogwarts just fine and making friends. We both miss you deeply and look forward to hearing back from you. What house did you get into? We remember there being 4 from that book you read, but can't remember the names. Has there been any drama yet? Any accidents? Please let us know, we would love to find out more stuff from your prospective and not from a page in a book.

I also baked you some triple chocolate brownies, dear, I hope you like them. Feel free to share them with your friends. Say hi to Sam for us, we miss him too.

Lots of love from, Mum and Dad xxxx

Once she finished reading, Cassia smiled and opened the package and instantly melted at the aroma of freshly baked brownies. Cassia opened the container and took a piece and immediately bit into it, melting more from the delicious taste. She groaned loudly and slid the container over to Carla who happily got a piece too and reacted the same way.