•𝐶𝑜𝑆• 𝑇𝒉𝑟𝑒𝑒

The next morning came and right now, Cassia was stood in between Carla and Hermione as they were in Herbology class. The class didn't start until Professor Sprout entered the greenhouse and announced.

"Morning, everyone."

No one was paying attention, so she said it louder.

"Good morning, everyone!"

The students turned to her and responded in unison.

"Good morning, Professor Sprout."

Sprout continued.

"Welcome to Greenhouse Three, second years. Gather around, everyone."

The students stood around a very large table and Sprout announced.

"Today we're going to re-pot Mandrakes. Who here can tell me the properties of the Mandrake root?"

Hermione and Cassia raised their hands and Sprout called on Hermione first.

"Yes, Miss Granger."

Hermione smiled and put down her hand, she then explained.

"Mandrake, or Mandragora is used to return those who have been petrified to their original state."

Hermione looked to Cassia who was looking eager and Sprout gestured.

"You continue, Miss Taylor."

Cassia smiled brightly and explained.

"It's also quite dangerous as the Mandrake's cry is fatal to anyone who hears it. If they do not have the correct earmuffs, the cry can make the victim pass out for a few hours."

Sprout praised them.

"Excellent, 10 points each to Gryffindor."

Cassia and Hermione high fived and had excited looked on their faces, Sprout continued.

"Now, as our Mandrake's are still only seedlings, their cries won't kill you yet. But as Miss Taylor said, they could knock you out for hours. Which is why I have given you a pair of earmuffs for auditory protection. So could you please put them on, right away? Quickly."

Each student picked up a pair of earmuffs and grimaced at the sight and smell of them as they had been used a couple times. They put the said earmuffs on their heads and over their ears and Sprout instructed.

"Flaps tight down and watch me closely. You grasp your Mandrake firmly, you pull it sharply up out of the pot."

High pitched screams and cries came from the baby Mandrake and everyone winced from the highly annoying noise. Sprout continued to instruct and Cassia saw Neville fall to the ground from the corner of her eye. She gasped and everyone looked at him, Sprout sighed and stated.

"Longbottom's been neglecting his earmuffs."

Seamus shook his head and replied.

"No, ma'am. He's just fainted."

Sprout put her hands on her hips and ordered.

"Yes. Well, Miss Taylor, please may you escort Mr Longbottom to the Hospital Wing?"

Cassia nodded and went to Neville's side, she used Wingardium Leviosa and controlled his hovering body as she walked to the Hospital Wing.

Poppy, who was tending to another student, saw Cassia and asked.

"What happened here, Miss Taylor?"

Cassia used her magic to lower him onto a bed and then explained.

"He fainted in Herbology when he heard a baby Mandrake's cry. He must've not had his earmuffs over his ears properly."