•𝐺𝑜𝐹• 𝑆𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑛

The said teacher hobbled in and stood at the front of the class, he turned towards them and announced gruffly.

"Alastor Moody."

He then turned to the chalkboard and began writing on it, all whilst still talking.

"Ex-Auror, Ministry malcontent."

He turned back towards the students and finished.

"And your new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher. I am here because Dumbledore asked me, end of story, goodbye, the end. Any questions?"

No one raised their hands so he straightened up and stated.

"When it comes to the Dark Arts, I believe in a practical approach. But first, which of you can tell me how many Unforgivable Curses there are?"

Hermione spoke up.

"Three, sir."

Moody asked as he began to write on the chalkboard again.

"And they are so named?"

Hermione answered, her voice tight.

"Because they are unforgivable, the use of any of them will-"

Moody cut her off.

"Will earn you a one-way ticket to Azkaban, correct."

He pointed the chalk at the students as he uttered.

"Now, the Ministry says you're too young to see what these curses do. I say different! You need to know what you're up against! You need to be prepared."

He turned to the chalkboard and continued ranting.

"And you need to find another place to put your chewing gum besides the underside of your desk, Mr Finnigan!"

Everyone looked at Seamus as he muttered to Dean.

"No way, the old codger can see out the back of his head."

Moody swiftly threw a piece of chalk at Seamus who ducked at the right time, shouting back.

"And hear across classrooms!"

Seamus sat up and his eyes were wide in shock, Cassia mumbled under her breath.

"Jesus fucking christ, the "Mad" bit in his name is true."

Lyra bit her lip to stop a laugh from escaping and they watched as Moody asked.

"So, which curse shall we see first? Weasley!"

Ron let out a whimpered "Yes?" as he jumped from Moody's loud voice. Moody ordered him to stand and Ron quickly got up, trying not to shit his pants. Moody then demanded.

"Give us a curse."

Ron responded back.

"Well, my dad did tell me about one. The Imperius Curse."

Moody nodded and declared.

"Oh, yeah. Your father would know all about that. Gave the Minister quite a bit of grief a few years ago, perhaps this will show you why."

Ron nervously glanced to Harry who shrugged in response. Everyone watched Moody as he went over to his desk and pulled off a jar lid before sticking his hand into the said jar and pulling out a spider.

He got out his wand and mumbled an "Engorgio" to make it bigger for everyone to see it properly and then used the spell.

"Imperio."

The spider shook and then was directed onto Neville and Luna's desk by Moody as he controlled the insect by his wand. Neville squirmed and Luna sat still as the spider got closer, but then the spider was thrown onto Crabbe's head who shrieked. A few people laughed and Moody added.