•𝑃𝑆• 𝐸𝑖𝑔𝒉𝑡

The next morning, Cassia had to get dressed with the help from Carla. She was extremely embarrassed, but Carla wanted to help anyway as she hated seeing her best friend struggle.

Once Cassia was ready, the two went to the Great Hall, everyone was already there and they all stared at Cassia as she had a bored look on her face. Then they started to whisper, which got on her nerves, so she snapped.

"Yes, a troll did throw me at a wall and broke my shoulder. No need to whisper, it's not anything serious."

Cassia then rolled her eyes as the staring didn't stop, she huffed out as she sat down and then groaned loudly when she went to pick up some food with her hand that was in the sling.

"Oh for fucks sake, of course the arm that's in a sling is the one I do everything with. Kill me now."

Carla chuckled and Harry piped up.

"Maybe this will cheer you up."

Cassia looked at him strangely as he pushed a box towards her, her eyebrows furrowed and she asked incredulously.

"What is this, Potter?"

Harry smiled and responded.

"Open it."

Her eyebrows furrowed even more and she took a look at Harry before reluctantly opening the box as best as she could with her opposite hand.

When she did open it, a dome sat inside, and as she pulled it out, a look of shock came over her face as it had a red rose in the middle with lights around it. She placed it on the table and just stared at it in awe.

She was so gobsmacked and speechless that Harry smirked and spoke for her

"I knew you'd be annoyed with breaking your shoulder so I thought I'd get you a gift to cheer you up, and it seems as though it did its job, so, you're welcome. And I asked Professor Flitwick to help, the lights will never run out."

Cassia got over her shock and rolled her eyes at the cocky tone he just had. She then stiffened up and stated bluntly.

"Thank you, but I still very much hate you."

Harry laughed and carried on with his breakfast, Ron and Hermione glanced at each other with knowing looks and hid their smile behind some toast. Carla smirked as well and leaned towards her best friend, muttering with a teasing tone.

"I think he likes youuuu."

Cassia scoffed and replied.

"Please, even if he does, I do not feel the same way. Besides, we're 11, it's probably one of those childish crushes, he'll move on eventually."

Carla hummed and covered up a chuckle, she was about to talk again when the sound of owls screeching. Everyone looked up to see 2 owls carrying a large package each. One owl was white, and the other one, Cassia recognised as Smiley. Her mouth opened in confusion as she announced.

"It's not time for post yet."

The white owl dropped the package to Harry and Smiley dropped the package and a letter to Cassia, who caught it and immediately knew what it was. She placed it down on the table and so did Harry. He, Ron and Hermione opened his and Carla and Cassia opened hers.

Several gasps were heard when a new shiny broomstick was revealed. Cassia stared at hers in wonder and Carla exclaimed at the same time Ron did.

"That's a Nimbus 2000."

Cassia chuckled and stated.

"Blimey, it must have been so bloody expensive!"

She then noticed a letter and opened it, pulling out the letter and unfolding it, reading it.

Dear Cassia,

We received your letter and are extremely proud of you. And because we're so proud, we decided to get you a gift, well, we got in touch with your Head of Gryffindor and she offered to get you a broom as we can't go into Diagon Alley without you, and we didn't have any of the magical currency, make sure to thank her as she went out of her way to get you one, I think she is also getting one for that boy she mentioned, I think his name is Harry?

Anyway, we hope you enjoy this broom and it helps you kick some arse during the matches. We deeply miss you and can't wait to hear back from you. We love you, honey.

Lots of love, your mum and dad xxxx

P.S. If that Harry boy gives you any hell, tell us and I'll make sure he doesn't ever again. He could have a crush on you, so I want him to know who he's messing with.

Cassia shook her head and let out a laugh as the last bit was definitely her dad. She then looked over to McGonagall to see her betting both Harry's owl and hers, she mouths.

"Thank you, Professor."

McGonagall nods and smiles as she keeps petting the owls, she wouldn't voice this, but she had a soft spot for Smiley as all she does is smile cutely.

Cassia looked at Harry to find that he was already looking at her, she diverted her attention to a drooling Oliver as he stared at the brooms.

"You might want to close your mouth, Oliver, you're getting drool in your cornflakes."

And because of that, Oliver closed his mouth and wiped it before continuing to stare at the brooms like it's the best thing he's ever seen, causing Cassia to laugh.

The bell then went off, signalling that it was time for lessons, and Cassia was ready for a whole day of them.

★★★★★

Just to let you know, throughout the years, Harry will give random gifts to Cassia.