•𝑃𝑜𝐴• 𝑇𝑒𝑛

Now back at Hogwarts and definitely a lot warmer than outside, Sam and Cassia were in the library. Carla was somewhere in the castle doing Godric knows what and the two best friends just sat in a comfortable silence and read a book.

But as she was reading, Cassia suddenly sat up and looked like she was intensely thinking. She uttered.

"Um, Sam?"

Sam looked up from his book and nodded.

"Yes?"

Cassia cleared her throat before announcing.

"Uh, you know since Carla has been going off somewhere at random times and coming back hours later all happy and chirpy? I have a feeling it has something to do with Professor Lupin."

Sam sat up in his seat and leaned forward before suggesting.

"You mean sexually?" (A/N: Wtf, Sam! Ew, of course they're not. Fucking weirdo.)

Cassia slapped his head and scolded him.

"No, you weirdo. I mean, Carla wouldn't get with a teacher, it's illegal and she knows that. But I just remembered about the train at the start of the term. When I went to see who casted that powerful Patronus spell to get rid of the Dementor, I mentioned that I needed to get back to you and Carla. But when I was about to leave, Lupin asked; "Did you just say Carla?" And I replied with a "Yeah, why?" He then just switched up his tone and responded with a "No reason, I just know someone called Carla, that's all." So when I asked Carla if she knew him, she just said that he looks familiar, but she didn't know how."

Sam gestured as he was intrigued.

"Go on."

Cassia nodded and continued.

"Well, I remember back in first year her telling me about her parents, about how they treat her like vermin and don't even get her presents for her birthday or Christmas, and it got me thinking. In Lupin's first class, we dealt with the Boggart, and when it got to Carla's turn, her parents appeared and started shouting abuse at her and threatening abandonment. But the thing is, Carla looks nothing like her parents. They're both blonde with blue eyes whilst she's a brunette with brown eyes. And when the first Hogsmeade trip came around, she told me that she couldn't go, but had plans anyway. And when I came back, I couldn't find her until a Ravenclaw told me. So when I found her, she was on the bridge with Lupin and Potter. Why would she be on a bridge with a teacher and Potter? She also seems very close to Professor Lupin because they kept sharing looks of worry between them when that whole ordeal with Black entering the castle and attacking Elizabeth happened. It just made me think, what if the people that she lives with are not her actual parents? Maybe she's adopted and Lupin could even be her father? I mean, what's the coincidence that a random and new teacher just so happens to know a Carla and then they just "hang out" and seem so close in just a few months?"

Cassia sighed heavily and slumped in her seat, she ran a hand through her hair and stated.

"I don't know, maybe I'm just being ridiculous and overthinking things."

Sam looked at his best friend incredulously and asked curiously.

"Cass, how long have you been thinking about that? Because it seems like a long time since everything you just said sounded like it came straight from that big brain of yours. How can you even remember things like that? I can't even remember what we had for tea last night."

Cassia let out a laugh and shrugged before responding.

"I don't know, it's just all been gathering up in my head from time to time. And I'm glad I just got all that out because my head felt like it was going to bloody explode."

Sam shook his head in disbelief and added.

"Well, I think that you have a great memory to remember all that detail, and I don't think you're overthinking. I actually think you have a good point because now that I think about it, she does kinda look like Professor Lupin."

Cassia let out a "right!" and hummed before stating.

"Do you think we should confront her now or?.."

She trailed off and Sam sighed before responding.

"Hmm, we won't just suddenly ask her about her little hangouts with Lupin, she'll think we're accusing her of sleeping with him or something. But we'll drop little hints about it and see if she notices and tells us. But if she doesn't tell us straight away, then we should just accept that because she'll probably be shocked too if she just found out that the people she believed was her parents all this time, are actually not."

Cassia hummed in agreement and fiddled with her bookmark, the two went back to reading, theories and such still in their heads.

A few days has passed since then and the two have been dropping subtle hints about Carla's whereabouts, but Carla has not caught on yet.

However, in the courtyard sitting at the fountain and talking, Cassia asks.

"Hey, Carla?"

Carla looked at her best friend and muttered.

"Yes, Cass?"

Cassia sat up straighter and swiftly asked.

"Something has just reminded me about that time in the great hall at the start of term feast where I asked you if you knew Professor Lupin, because he mentioned on the train that he knew someone called Carla and you said he looked familiar, but you didn't know how. Well, do you know now since we've known him for like half of the year?"

Sam glanced at Cassia at her another attempt in trying to get to Carla, but as Carla was about to explain, a loud crash noise and a groan was heard. Everyone's head turned to the sound and Cassia looked and began laughing as she saw Harry on the floor, he had tripped over a bucket of water after trying to walk and stare at Cassia at the same time.

Other people laughed too and Ron and Hermione helped him up, Harry's face was bright red and his glasses were wonky. He looked at Cassia to see her laughing with a hand over her mouth and he frowned in embarrassment. He mentally swore at himself and walked off with Ron and Hermione trying to hide their laughs.

By the time everyone had calmed down, the Diamond Trio forgot what they were talking about and continued to hang out, gossiping and teasing Cassia about Harry.