It's Because I Care

“What…what are you doing here?” I ask not able to close my mouth properly. I feel fear, annoyance, and confusion all in one. I watched as Trevor nervously ran a hand through his hair trying to come up with an answer.

                “I followed you here.” He admitted. If Trevor’s here…then Eric might have come along and if Eric knows I’m here I’m in deep shit. “I came alone.” He says as if reading my thoughts.

                “Why the hell would you follow me!? What the fuck Trevor?” I shout at him giving him a blow to the arm. He stepped back trying to avoid my hit.

                “I saw you leaving-and I was curious because I saw you get in Ian’s with a bag packed with clothes I’m assuming. I’m sorry for thinking you were running away or something even more stupid going to search for them!” He hissed while his hands flew animatedly.

                “How did you know it was Ian’s car?”

                “That night he and Sean brought you home I remembered it.” He shrugs.

                “You shouldn’t be here. Fuck. Ian’s going to kill me.” I groan and rub my forehead. “If they see us hear Trevor they’re probably going to kill us.”

                “When you say kill…do you mean literally death?” Trevor asked with a shaky breath.

                “Yes you idiot!” I growl. “We have to get out of here.” I whine as I take in the room. Shelves were packed with cleaning supplies and lightbulbs. Definitely a maintenance closet.

                “You were about to walk into that room-are you crazy!? Those men have guns!”

                “Trevor, Damon’s in there.” I said happily. “He’s here! I can bring him home.” I point to my chest.

                “No Jamie…you can’t.” Trevor shook his head. “You have no plan or weapons or nothing. How do you expect to save him? Or bring him home? What if he doesn’t want to come home?”

                “He does want to come home!” I shout.

                “Damon’s a big boy Jamie he can take care of himself.”

                I ignore Trevor’s comment and take my phone out my pocket. I call Ian’s phone knowing that if he comes to the car and I’m not there that he’ll kill me and that I must inform him of the new road trip member. After hitting Ian with the news I sighed and put my phone away waiting for the angry man to find me. I took a seat on the bucket across the room and put my head in my hands. Trevor was leaning up against the wall with his arms crossed and his eyes on the ceiling. He had on a black leather jacket and a white t-shirt. The basic uniform for a boy of his type. His pants had rips going down both legs and where he had his legs bent I could see the outline of his phone in his pocket.