Welcome Back

I know you guys hate me, but let's not dwell on the hate, and let's focus on THIS BRAND NEW CHAPTER WOOO! I'm back! And I'm sorry. I feel horrible. Every day I rant to my friends about what I've done to you. I just lost faith in this story and I had a bad case of writer's block. But I can't do this to those who love the story. So I'll finish, then I'll edit. I tried to make this chapter longer for you. You'll hear from me soon.

Recap: Jamie was taken by Daniel. She is now in Milani's possession. We met Milani's nephew, Victor; And Jamie reconnected with Damon, her "Ex". Damon is being an asshole, but she thinks she can help figure him out. Sean is still trying to win her heart. And Ian's trying to kill Milani. (If you don't remember something else, comment, I'll answer your question.) Enjoy.

"They have different ways of torture, Jamie

"They have different ways of torture, Jamie."

The tiny needle marks resided mostly in one area on each arm, but the numerous little cuts and burns didn't go unnoticed, trailing from his wrists to his biceps.

I lifted my hand to graze his wounds, but he flinched back and placed his arms at his sides. "Don't," was all he said.

"What did they do?" I whispered, breathlessly.

"Why does it matter?"

"Why does it matter?" I echo in disbelief. "They hurt you, Damon. They forced you to-to become like this!"

"Like what? Say it."

I couldn't. I couldn't get the words out.

"Say it." He insisted angrily.

"Heartless. You're absolutely heartless-and I can't stand it."

The stare off between us lasted until Sean's awakening moans sounded from the floor. I put distance between Damon and I as if our proximity was a crime. Damon pushed his sleeves back down and sighed.

"Well, that's my cue." He stepped closer and closer in the direction of the bed. "Meet me tonight. Just follow my lead and you'll find me."

I opened my mouth, ready to ask questions. I didn't understand-I didn't want to understand. Sean's body twitched, showing he would get up any minute now. "Damon, what are you talking about?"

"Come only when you know you won't be disturbed anymore-and by that," he knelt down, "I mean when Sean isn't breathing down your throat." He lifted the cheap blanket and began sliding his body under the bed.

"Damon?" I eyed Sean's body and then casted my focus to Damon. "What the hell are you doing?" I whispered fiercely. He ignored me and continued whatever he was doing.

"Jamie?" Sean groaned. My eyes widened in fear, not sure what to do.

"Handle him." Damon muttered. I walked across the room, just as Sean lifted his upper body off the ground. He squinted and looked me up and down clearly confused.