Birthday Part 2

Picture of Jamie's new hair. (Read to understand!)

I paced my room, anger rising with each step. Why would he message me? If it's him-why would he do that? What kind of game is this? I walked over to my bed and sat down with the tainted phone in my hands. This couldn't be Damon. No. This wasn't Damon. Then who was it? Who was this mystery person messaging me constantly?

My thumb idled over the call button, debating with myself whether or not I should take the risk and call. All I want to do is hold you...I squeezed my eyes shut and clenched the phone. This isn't him Jamie. Do not be fooled. Maybe it was Sean or even Milani...but what if...it was Damon. What if he did love me?

I can't do this to myself. I can't put myself through all this doubt all over again. If he loved me he wouldn't have been with that girl. If he loved me he would have told Matt he cared. If he loved me...he would have stayed. He would have stayed and never left me. But he did sleep with that girl, and he did tell Matt he didn't care, and he did leave...he doesn't love me.

I felt my bottom lip quiver and that made me angry. I felt a burning anger in my chest that he or no one could feel with love. Why am I crying over him? He's the one who left! He's the one who stopped loving me...so why should I be the only one stuck in this whirlwind relationship?

I clicked the call button and brought the phone up to my ear. My fist squeezed tightly together as I waited for something to happen-anything to happen. The ringing noise in my ear sounded ten times louder and the heat radiating off the phone nearly burned my cheek.

"I'm sorry. The person you are trying to-" Voicemail. I let out a heated sigh and begin furiously typing a text out.

"Who is this?" I whisper fiercly while typing the exact words down. I sent the message and waited. I waited for what felt like hours just staring at the phone. What a way to spend a birthday, staring at a phone. No more than twelve minutes later the phone lit up. The signal for a new message appear and my eyes widened in surprise, fear, and curiousity. I was scared. I was scared to open this message and read what they had typed. What this stranger who "loved me" typed.

I suddenly felt like I too was a new cast member of Pretty Little Liars. But they found out who A- was so the story is over...but mine is no where near the end, and that terrified me.

I opened the message and stared at the screen-teeth clenched.

Who do you want it to be? The message read.

Who did I want it to be? Deep down, way down deep, some part of me was praying that this was Damon. But this aching feeling in my chest was telling me otherwise. Something wasn't right and I didn't know what to do.

What do you want from me? I responded nervously. What if this was a trap? What if Milani was using this as some tool to watch me. I looked around my room, becoming very interested with cleaning at the moment. No less than two minutes later my mystery man-maybe even woman, messaged me.

Love.

Ping!

That's all I've ever wanted from you Jamie.

The income of the second message startled me. I felt my body become numb at the request of this stranger. They wanted something I no longer wanted to give.

You're too late. I replied hesitantly. Would this anger my stranger? Would I trigger some type of beast inside of him?

I waited.