Commotion and Devotion

Guys...I am absolutely sorry i took SOOO long to update after such an intense school year + my computer broke and i hate updating on phones anyway!! I'm back and i WILL be updating. i'll try to do another tonight. I missed you guys and i swear you will never have a wait like that again! Especially if i didn't update by this Friday...one of my readers said she would get me 0.0 she knows who. I love you guys!! Enjoy

You know that awkward moment when all you hope for is a big tornado to come and swoop you up? Well that's how I'm feeling right now. After me and Sean's episode upstairs he told me to come downstairs-well more like forced. I sat back down in my seat and didn't bother looking at everyone. I knew they were watching me because all talking died down.

"Where's Ms. Cathy?" Sean asked. He grabbed a chair and pulled it beside me. I looked up at the mention of my mom's name. I felt terrible for snapping at her. She didn't deserve that and I need to apologize. Trevor's mom had a pained look on her face, but tried to cover it with a small smile.

"Um, she excused herself for a minute." She said sadly. I pushed my chair out to go find her but Sean touched my arm.

"Maybe you should give her a minute." He said. I removed my arm from him and glared at him. Who is he to tell me what to do with my mother?

"She's my mother." I spoke with annoyance.

"I think your friend is right." Trevor's mom said. I looked at her with sadness and aggravation. Why is everyone taking his side? "How about I go check on her?" She stood and smiled walking away leaving an uncomfortable husband there.

It was dead silent. The only sound I heard was Mona chomping on her chips with joy. She was completely oblivious to the tension. Oh to be young again. I look at the boys who either were looking around or staring intensely at their plate. Eric was just looking at Sean with so much hate.

"It's good to see you again Eric." Sean smirked. Erik only continued to look at him. Just the other day he had so much to say and now he's silent!?

"I remember seeing you at the party..." Trevor spoke breaking the silence. I looked at him with confusion and so did everyone else. Sean just smiled softly and sized Trevor up. "You and another guy." He mumbled.

"Is that so?" Sean raised his eyebrow. Trevor's mom returned and took her seat back. I looked at her waiting for her to say how my mom was doing.

"She's going to come down shortly. She just has to do something." She smiled. I nodded my head but continued to frown. Trevor's mom clear her throat and grabbed all our attention.

"So...how do you guys know each other?" She asked. It took time for me to compose myself to answer, but I knew I had to beat Sean to or else he would say something complicated.

"He's from back home...my best friend, Rick's brother." I tried to force a smile just to ease the atmosphere.

"We also used to date." Sean adds turning to look at me. I spared him a glance then turned my head away.

"Why did you break up?" Mona's little voice asked.

"Mona!" Her mom gasped. Mona had an innocent confused face as to say 'What?'

I decided to leave this question for Sean to answer. Everyone wanted to know why I even saw some inch in a little closer just to listen. I looked at Sean expectantly waiting for him to tell this patient girl why we broke up.

"Well," He trailed off and looked from Mona to me then paused. "I messed up and I'm really sorry for it." I scolded him wishing he would elaborate on the situation.