Starting Winter Break

SURPRISE! Please excuse my absence guys I love you guys so much and tbh school is mind blowing-in other words TERRIBLE. I appreciate all your kind words and comments and you guys have really shown a lot of support to my story. Now that summer is about to start I will be posting even more I promise! Enjoy.

"It's finally winter break, yes!" Rebecca yelled throughout the halls. "Peace out school! Woo! I hate all of you! Fuck homework!" She yelled. Lexi and I laughed loudly behind her and tugged on her jacket to shut her up as people in the halls stared at her. "What? Aren't you happy to be on break? No school! No teachers! No people in my way." She growled the last part as a boy scattered from in front of her locker.  

                "Yeah I'm glad about the no school thing." I shrugged. Lexi frowned and looked at me while placing her hand on my arm. She gave a sad smile as if to reassure me everything would be okay.

                "What are you doing for break?" I was prepared to open my mouth and speak but then stopped myself and really thought. What the hell would I do on break?

                "I guess just hang out with family." I shrugged. Rebecca continued to go on about the ski resort she was going to and all the good looking older guys she would encounter. Typical Rebecca. Lexi on the other hand was going out of town to her grandparents' home.

                As we descended down the hall my eyes traveled to Trevor's talking figure as he leaned against a locker in his big letterman jacket flirting openly with a girl. He laughed at something and then looked up and over at me. When he noticed me standing there his face suddenly went blank. I began to usher Rebecca and Lexi to walk faster as they complained and questioned my sudden bolt of energy. I have not talked to him since that whole situation from the weekend and this is our first day actually seeing one another. We made it out the school entrance and I hurriedly tightened my scarf around my neck.

                "It's freezing!" Lexi shivered and huddled into my body. "Rebecca and I are headed to get something to eat want to come?"

                "No thanks I'm actually really tired. I'll see you guys sometimes during break. Enjoy!" We each hug each other tightly and the two girls ran off to the warmth of Rebecca's car. I took out my phone and called Eric urging him to hurry up. Soon enough Eric and Miles were walking out the school building laughing about their own secret joke. Quietly behind them Trevor followed with Danny.

                "Where's Liam?" I asked the group.

                "He had a date with his girl." Miles answered. Eric stopped walking when he was right in front of my face. He placed his thumb on my cheek and traced the scar. Surprisingly he didn't ask me much about what happened or anything he only asked if it hurt and if I was moisturizing it.

                "At least it's fading." He muttered. He dropped his hand and continued walking. "We're going to the mall do you want to come?"

                "Not really." I sigh.