Truth of the 'Fox'

Damon

I…Kissed her. God how could I be so stupid? The look on her face when she pulled away. She wouldn’t even look at me. Why would you kiss her? I kept asking myself. I just met this girl and I’m already stressing her! This wasn’t the plan. No-The plan was to get Trevor pissed off! They told me how attached Trevor and his boys’ were to Jamie, so I needed the upper hand.

But the way her lips felt against mine…mmmm, magic. The way she gripped my hair and-, I need to stop. If I keep thinking about it it’s not going to help. She probably thinks I’m crazy. I know I’m hearing enough of it from these fools I’m sitting with.

“It was priceless! You should have seen her face. She basically ran out!” Stephan laughed for like the twentieth time. I rolled my eyes and sat back, pushing myself more into the couch.

“We get it Stephen.” I said.

“I told you not to get involved with this girl. I told you all so many times.” Sanders sighed with annoyance.

“Nah, man. She’s cool. I like hanging out with her.” Matt shrugged.

Right now we are at my place relaxing in the den. We just arrived back and the guys decided to stay a while. It’s late anyway.

“She’s just trouble.” Sanders said.

“Yeah, maybe, but she has heart. She out drove that guy! She stood up to him!” Stephan practically yelled. No one was home so I really didn’t care. What she did tonight though was amazing. She stood up for her friend, and she tried to help the situation. When the guy gripped her arm I swear I was about to lose it! I balled up my fists but saw she was talking so I relaxed. I was so scared when she agreed on a race. I don’t know why but I was scared she would get hurt. I worried about her.

“Whatever.” Sanders grumbled.

“Why are you so quiet?” Matt asked. I shrugged and shook my head.

“I’m just thinking about something.”

“Or someone.” Stephen sang. I grabbed the nearest pillow and chucked it at him.

“Shut up!” I said while throwing the pillow.

Our laughter filled the room as Stephan tried to mock me. We were all laughing and joking until the door busted open and Danny ran into the house full speed. He ran up the stairs to what I assume his bedroom. What is his problem? I looked at all the guys and they all shared my questioning look. I got up ready to go check it out.

Just because I didn’t like him and his friends, doesn’t mean I don’t check up on the things he does. I jogged up the stairs and turned the corner to walk down the hall to his room. When I got to the door I saw him rummaging through his draws. He was breathing so heavily, and sniffling. Was he crying?

                “Danny.” I called out. The guys stayed quiet and watched behind me. Danny ignored me and kept running around his room looking for something. “Danny.” I said more firmly this time. He continued to ignore me and started breathing harder. I strode towards him and stopped him from moving. “What’s wrong? What’s happening?”