It's Our Secret

Jamie's outfit above :p. Enjoy Trevor's P.O.V. it's a shorter update than what I've been doing but I thought you deserved it and plus it's nice to see things from a new perspective.

Trevor

I kept stealing glances at her as we drove in a tense silence. The alcohol was still buzzing inside my stomach but I still felt sober. I made sure only to have one beer compared to Jamie's three. I wanted to loosen her up around me and I think I accomplished that.

You almost kissed her.

Fuck. I almost kissed her. Just a centimeter more. Just a second more. Almost there! My hand squeezed the wheel as I replayed that scene in my head over and over again, wondering what it would have been like. Would she have allowed me to kiss her? Would she have kissed me back? What would her lips have felt like on mine...

Who am I kidding? She wouldn't willingly kiss me-not while she's with Damon. Just the thought of her being with that asshole angered me. But not as much as her story about Sean...Jamie had a baby inside her. A freaking baby! My eyes slipped over to her again-I couldn't help the urge but to let my eyes drop to her stomach, cringing as I imagined her with that monster's baby inside her. Her story nearly made me cry with her. I just wanted to run away with her, steal her away from everyone. Make her mine.

"I need to change." Jamie said plainly.

I gave a silent nod and pulled up to her house so that she could get ready. I parked and told her I would wait for her to come out. I watched her enter her house and close the door behind her. I instantly felt my body relax. I fiddled with the heat as I thought about all that happened at the beach.

I can't help but think about how I've changed since she's come back. I find myself always wanting to prove myself to her. I can barely look at another girl without comparing the two. Even my mom has been questioning what's going on with me. I just...I feel different. I feel like I need to grow up. I need to settle down and focus. I'm going to be going to college in just a few months. The only problem is I want to settle down with Jamie. Clearly, that won't be happening though, for two reasons: Eric and Damon. Eric does not trust me with his sister-I had to promise him everything would be okay for him to agree to me taking her today. And Damon...That's a different story. She obviously sees something in him, but I know she sees something in me as well.

I rubbed my hands together and rested my head on the window. My phone pulled me out of my boredom and I quickly answered.

"Yeah?" I said swiftly into the phone.

"Where are you?" Eric questioned.

"Your house. Jamie said she needed to get ready, so I'm parked outside waiting for her."

"Alright. Hurry up and get here, people are starting to come in."

My response never made it to him-I was too busy watching Jamie walk out the house to respond. I hung up and anxiously waited for her to get in the car. The fitted Chinese inspired dress did wonders to her. The dress ended a few inches above the knees and the black and red brought out the new highlights in her hair. She had on a long trench coat that I'm sure didn't protect her enough from the cold.

I held my tongue from making a comment about how beautiful she looked, knowing she would not appreciate the compliment. I turned the radio up and reversed out of the driveway. 

"Where is it at?" She broke the silence."

"Your mom rented out a venue. It's just a few minutes from here."

I began fantasizing about how this party could turn out. Would Jamie dance and get drunk? Would she do something without Damon here? The name Damon made me steal yet another glance her way. How is she holding up? It was probably not the best time to bring that up, I didn't want to put a dent in her mood before her party.