First Meeting

Sunghoon keeps his eyes on the needles of the watch strapped on his wrist. The ticking sounds become louder and louder as time passes. It has been exactly 2 hours since he last saw this one person. ‘Where is he?

   He was present during their lunch, and now he’s anywhere but near his eyesight.

   Jake who was telling him a story, stop talking after noticing his strange behaviour.

  Jungwon who was playing with his phone while laying on the other seat focuses on the two after he noticed how the sounds in the room shift. 

  Sunghoon felt eyes staring at him and quickly turned in his direction before asking him questions about Layla.

   Jake knew the other was trying to play dumb and hide his real thought, but his forced smiles give it away.

   Sunghoon tried to play it safe by talking about random things like sports, pets, childhood stories— before he couldn’t take it anymore and snapped.

     It wasn’t as if he shouted or did something violent. He just freezes and closed his eyes. Counting to ten in his head, before opening his eyes, staring straight into Jake’s soul.

   Other people in the same room—namely Jake and Jungwon—were aware of the words their distressed member going to say next.

“Where is Kim Sunoo?”

🌻

   “Mr Kim?” The psychiatrist in the room called for him.

   Doctor…Park, he was asking him stuffs for their next appointment. His mind got lost for a second when he saw a black bucket hat on top of the shelf behind the psychiatrist.

   ‘It’s the same one as Sunghoon Hyung’s.‘ He thought. Park Joonwoo notices his new patient looking at his bucket hat.

   “You can talk about the details with me,” the spectacled man said. He had introduced himself, telling Park Joonwoo that he is Kim Sunoo’s manager.

  “Alright then...” he said. They were talking about when and where they were going to meet for their second appointment.

   Based on the file he was provided with, his new patient, Kim Sunoo, has a bad case of Social Anxiety and Panic Disorder.

  It was something commonly found in people working in the entertainment industry.

   If the problems continue to persist through his career, he will have a rocky road ahead of him.

   Then he heard ringing sounds coming from the boy’s bag. He was talking with the manager, but he would steal a glance or two at the idol.

   He saw him grabbing his phone before putting it back inside his bag. After a few seconds, his phone began to buzz again.

   “You can pick it up,” he said, trying to make the boy comfortable because he thought the boy was being polite and doesn’t want to disturb their conversation.

   “It’s fine,” Sunoo said, grabbing his left arm with his right hand. It sounded like he was telling himself that it was fine, for whatever reasons making him do that.

   Despite his cold behaviour, in the beginning, Park Joonwoo could see that the boy wasn’t doing anything out of the line, such as looking down at him or something like that.

   When the phone rang for the third time, Sunoo turned off his phone and place it back inside his bag. Park Joonwoo notices the frown forming on his face.

   Then the sounds of someone calling filled the room again for the fourth time, but it wasn’t Sunoo’s this time. It was the manager’s.

   He excused himself to take the call. The two in left in the room could hear his conversation before he closed the door behind him.

  “Hello, Sunghoon-ssi? Is there something that I could help you with?”

   ╔────── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚.──────╗

The one who stayed with me through my pain and happiness, I hope you're happy wherever you are. I promise, I'll be living one life for the two of us.

In loving Memory of M.B,
I'll never forget you💌

╚────── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚.──────╝