Hangout

Sunghoon was reading the script for his next show on the porch when he saw a familiar car coming towards their house.

   It was a black Sedan. The only person he knew had that type of car was Jay.

   He put away the script in his hand on the table and went to look at the front yard. What is Jay doing here?

    The man in question parked his car in front of the house gate and came out from his car. He saw Jay looking in his direction and waved at him.

   Instead of waving back at the man, his hand tighten around the railing.

   He never told him their address, which means, Sunoo was the one who gave it away.

   His ears picked up the sounds of the front door opening and his lover greeting the arrival of their other member.

  He walked and stopped at the top of the stairs. “What are you doing here, Jay?”

  The two at the door turned around at the same time and looked at him.

   He noticed the two dressed up like they were going somewhere. But, Sunoo never told him anything. Did he forget to say to him?

   “I’m picking up Sunoo,” he said, draping his arm around the younger’s shoulder.

   “For what? Today is our day off, remember?” Sunghoon said, making his way downstairs.

   “Sunghoon Hyung-“ Sunoo’s mouth felt dry. He tried to say something, but Jay cut him off.

   “We’re going on a date,” he said.

   Sunghoon stopped on his track. He felt sick in his stomach. It felt like someone just punched him on his guts.

   Sunoo was surprised when he heard what came out of Jay’s mouth.

   “What?” Sunghoon said. Voice quiet and laced with venom at the same time, sending chills to the people in the same room.

   Sunoo was scared. Jay didn’t know the extent of the damage he had done. “J-Jay Hyung, let’s go,”

   “Why? Let’s hear what he has to say,” Jay told him, still having his arm on his shoulder.

   Sunghoon was now standing in front of them. The youngest of the three pretended not to notice the tension in the room.

   “Sunghoon Hyung, we- “ Sunoo stopped talking when Sunghoon sent him that look again. The look he loathed to the core.

    “You’re not taking Sunoo anywhere with you,” Sunghoon said. Grabbing the younger’s hand and try to pull him closer. Jay’s hand on his shoulder prevented him from doing so.

   “Let him go,” Jay said irately. He doesn’t like how his friend wants to control Sunoo’s life.

   “Shut up, Jay. You’re the one who need to let him go,” he pulled him more forcefully than before.

   Sunoo winced in pain, “Ouch!”

   Jay had to let him go because he was sure the latter wouldn’t do that.

  Sunghoon shields Sunoo from Jay with his hand, acting as if the person on the door want to hurt the younger, when in fact, he was the one hurting him.

   “Go to your room,” Sunghoon told him.

   Jay couldn’t believe the scene in front of him. ‘What is this?

   Sunoo looked so small behind Sunghoon. He was like another different person. Fragile and obedient to the latter.

   Jay knew he had to do something, or Sunoo would be in deep trouble.