In memories

"Sunoo-ya," Sunghoon said his name gently while his hand played with Sunoo's messy hair.

Sunoo hummed in reply.

"You fell asleep halfway through the movie, didn't you," Sunghoon chuckled and felt Sunoo shake his head.

They were cuddling on the sofa in the living room after the movie ended, and Sunoo woke up because of Sunghoon's movement to turn off the TV.

After fighting and making up with each other, they usually spent time together like this, in peaceful silence. Just basking in each other's warmth.

"... I'm sorry for everything I've said,"
Sunoo nodded his head, not saying anything.

"It wasn't my intention, but I couldn't stop my mouth from spewing those words,"

Sunoo held his hand and gripped it to tell him it was fine.

Sunghoon shifted and moved on top of Sunoo, using his elbow as support not to crush the younger under him.

He placed both of his hands on each of Sunoo's cheeks. He used his thumb to rub on his skin gently as if he was afraid to hurt him.

"I'm sorry," he said and leaned down to touch their forehead together.

'Hyung,' He wanted to say but, strangely, couldn't let out his voice.

"Let's go to bed now," Sunghoon said and kissed his forehead before pushing himself away from him.

'Sunghoon Hyung,'

"Good night Sunoo,"

'No, don't go,'

"See you later,"

'Hyung!'

"You need to wake up now, Sunoo,"

🌻

"...ake up,"

'Huh?'

"Wake up, Sunoo!"

Upon hearing someone telling him to wake up, he realised he was surrounded by darkness.

"Fuck!" He heard the person curse loudly.
He tried to open his eyes, but it felt too heavy like someone had glued them with 5-second glue.

He managed to open his eyes halfway and saw Jay on his phone, scowling, the face he wears when something is pissing him off.
He noticed the muscular arms around his shoulder; Jay was holding him in his arms.

"...Hyung?" He called with a wretched voice. His throat burns, begging for even a drop of water to soothe the burns.

Jay heard him and looked down. Sunoo had woken up.

"Sun- " His lips trembled. He hated how weak Sunoo looked right now. His once plump lips are now dry and cracked. His eyes, once filled with dreams now tainted with fears.

"I'm sorry-" his voice cracked before the tears he had been fighting fell on his cheeks, "I'm so sorry," he apologized again and again while holding his now free hands. Jay must've gotten it off while he was unconscious.

He let out a weak breath, "I'm fine, Hyung," he said and held his hand.

Jay tightened his hand around his smaller one, not saying anything. He knew Sunoo was lying. He has always been like this. Always keeping the truth just for the sake of others' happiness.

"Let's go out from here. This place is making me sick," he said and lifted Sunoo in a bridal carry.

Sunoo doesn't have the strength to tell him to put him down, so he just puts his arms around Jay's neck.