Doubt

“The house was empty except for the housekeeper,” the man, wearing all black, said and placed an envelope on the table.

   Yu Goeja opened the envelope and skimmed through the pictures. She looks through the picture of Sunghoon’s summer house.

   “What is this?” She pointed at the picture.

   The man looks at what she was pointing to; the housekeeper cleaning the floor.

   “... blood? Maybe,” he shrugged his shoulders.

   Yu Goeja crumpled the picture and began breathing fast. She stared at the crumpled picture with widened eyes.

    The man could hear it, the sounds of her grinding her teeth like a maniac. He heard him muttering about how she will kill everyone who hurt her angel.

   ‘Crazy,' the man thought to himself as he drank his latte. He almost choked on his drink when she lifted her head to ask him further about Sunoo’s whereabouts.

   “How about the tracker?” she asked.

   “The last location shown was on a beach before it disappeared,”

   She leaned back on her seat and massaged her temple. It wasn’t easy to find staff willing to help her for money.

   “Continue watching the house and tell me if there’s a new update,”

   “Alright-”

   “Also, why can’t you work during the daytime too?” Yu Goeja clicked her tongue.

   The man in black interlocked his fingers on the table and shook his head, “I have other jobs to do,”

  The woman sighed and sipped on her coffee.

   “By the way, you’re still on with the plan, right?” She asked, looking up with her cup still against her bottom lips.

  “As long as you give me the money,” he told her with a smirk.

   “Of course,”

🌻

   It was Saturday morning. Sunoo was sitting on the sofa in the living room, alone. He bites on his nails without realising about it.

   He needs to visit Sunghoon. He has to, or everything he said will turn into another empty word. Empty promises. A lie.

   But does he have the nerve to visit him? The older didn’t even hide his displeasure whenever he went to see him.

   ‘Should I? or should I not?

   Ni-Ki, coming out from the bedroom, stopped and stared at Sunoo. He strolled towards him before taking a seat beside the latter.

   “What is wrong?” He asked, letting his arms fall around Sunoo’s shoulder and pulling him closer. “What is it this time?

   Sunoo shook his head and leaned on Ni-Ki’s chest, still biting on his fingernails.

   The youngest grabbed his hand and told him to stop biting it.

   “Sunoo Hyung, are you going to the hospital again today?”

   Ah, there he goes. He went ahead and asked Sunoo the question he dreaded to hear at the moment.

   Should he tell him the way Sunghoon had been treating him every time he went to visit?

   It’s not like he can just say, ‘Sunghoon Hyung doesn’t want to see me. He said it’s tiring,’ That’s so out of the options.

   The others would blame Sunghoon again, and he wants to avoid that.