Moving Out

“Sunoo Hyung, is this the last one?” Jungwon said, putting a box into the car’s trunk.

   “I think so,” he told him as he finished counting the boxes in the car. He thanked Jungwon, and they sat on the nearby bench, waiting for Sunghoon to appear.

   Jungwon was the only one who was free to help them move out.

     Heeseung and Jay had some recordings to do, and Ni-Ki was still avoiding him.

     Jake, on the other hand, was free but had to go home for some personal reasons.

   Jungwon notices how quiet Sunoo is. He thought the older was going to be excited by the whole moving out idea. He wouldn’t lie and said that he didn’t expect them to move out.

   He knew it was going to happen eventually. But not this soon.

   Nevertheless, he felt taken aback when Sunghoon gathered all of them in the living room three days ago.

   He revealed the news like it was not a serious business. Like he was only going home for the weekend.

   Jungwon still remembers the scene vividly in his head.

🌻

   “I’m moving out,” Sunghoon said. Other members, except for Sunoo, thought they heard him wrong.

   “You’re going out to where?” Jay asked. The eldest in the room can’t help but wonder if his friend’s ears are still good or not.

   Sunghoon rolled his eyes at Jay. “Not going out. I’m moving out,” he said the ‘moving’ part more clearly so that people in the room could hear him.

   “You’re moving out?” Heeseung was the one who spoke up after the room fell into silence.

    Sunghoon nodded his head. “And I’m bringing Sunoo with me,”

   Jake stayed quiet the whole ordeals, but when Sunghoon mentioned Sunoo's name, his first reaction was to say no. Every single- or pair of eyes were looking at him now.

   Sunghoon asked him what is the problem if he wanted to move out with Sunoo.

   Jake couldn’t think of any reason that wouldn’t sound crazy to others. He can’t say something like, ‘I’m scared of what you will do,” or ‘Sunoo fears you,

   Ni-Ki didn’t wait for Jake to say what his reason was and speak out his concerns. “Why do you need to bring Sunoo Hyung with you?”

   The air in the room was too thick. Sunoo swears he can cut it with a knife.

   “Because I want to?” Sunghoon brushed Ni-Ki's question aside and looked at him as if he just asked something so obvious. It sounded ridiculous to him.

   “What about Sunoo Hyung? Does he want to move out with you?” The Maknae was pissed off. Anyone would know by how his tone came out.

  Jay was on his toes, ready to intervene in case things got too heated up.

   There was a frown appearing on Sunghoon’s face. “You think I’m going to force him to live with me of something?”

   “Maybe? Judging from how you are, Hyung, I’m sure you will do anything to get what you want,” Ni-Ki said out loud for all of them to hear.

   Jay scolded him for being rude to Sunghoon, but deep down, he knew that Ni-Ki was speaking out the truth.

   Sunghoon doesn’t like how Ni-Ki wants to stop Sunoo from moving out with him.