The Gift

Sunoo woke up from the sounds of the kettle.

   After returning from the company, he was forced to sit and talk with a whiny childlike man named Park Sunghoon.

   He wasn’t able to escape him because of the no-locked-door rule.

   They talked for hours and hours about the same topic; Jay and a little bit of the other members.

   Sunoo never realised how insecure Sunghoon felt every time he interacted with his said classmate.

   Starting from why he always hung out with Jay to what happened in the coffee shop.

   Their long talk ended up with them cuddling in the living room, watching Tangled for the nth time while debating whether Tangled or Frozen is the best Disney movie.

   Sunoo fell asleep nearing the end of the movie, and Sunghoon followed him soon after.

🌻

   He woke up— alone— on the sofa, with the blanket they used last night draped over him.

   He looked around for the older. “Hyung?”
He thought the latter had left first without him, but it’s impossible, he wouldn’t leave him.

   Sunoo stood on his feet and hurried to the kitchen to turn off the gas.

   “Did you buy something online?” Someone spoke behind him, making him jump from the sudden voice.

   He scolded Sunghoon for scaring him and told him no, he didn’t buy anything.

   “Then who sent you this?” He said, nodding at the box in his hands.

   “For me?” he asked, receiving the box from the latter.

   “Look at the card,” he told him, pointing at the card with SUNOO written prettily on it.

   “My family?” But that wouldn’t make any sense because no one knew the house's location except for Jay.

   “Let’s open it first,” he said with a smile.
He placed the box on their dining table, unwrapping it gently.

   What he saw inside made his heart plunge six feet in the ground. His face slowly loses its colours before it becomes entirely as pale as a ghost.

   There was a dove in the box. Still and cold. Drenched with red liquid, he wished he couldn’t smell or recognise.

   “What the- “Sunghoon pulled him away from the box, pulling his face close to his chest.

“Don’t look,” he told him, noticing Sunoo's trembling hands holding on his front shirt.

   “H-Hyung, there is something below it,” he managed to say as he was breathing fast from the shock.

    Sunghoon shifted to look inside the box and saw, there was indeed something, or should he say, a letter below the dove.

   He took it out slowly, opening it with one hand.

   He took out his phone with his other hand, which is placed around Sunoo trembling body. He felt terrible for not being able to hold him tightly in this situation.

   'Hello, this is inspector Choi. How may I help you, Park Sunghoon-ssi?'

   “Hi, Mr Choi,” he said, dropping the bloody letter on the table. “Someone is sending us a death threat,” he informed the man.