New Relationship

Jay knocked on the CEO’s door. “Come in,” someone said behind the door.

   “Sit down,” the man sitting at the table said, eyes locked onto the laptop screen in front of him.

  “Why did you call us Mr Kim?” Jay asked. He knew something was going on right now.

   Mr Kim lifts his eyes from the screen, looking at the two sitting on the sofa. He was observing the two as if he was confirming something.

  “Are you two dating?” He said, lifting his eyebrow. He turns his laptop around, showing them their dating news.

  “That's wrong,” Sunoo blurted out in the heat of the moment.

  Mr Kim looked at him with a puzzled face. “Wrong?”

   “I, I mean the news, it, it got the wrong spelling,” he said, pointing at the perfectly written article. Mr Kim looked at him suspiciously, and he slapped his mouth mentally for almost telling him it was not jay he was dating.

  “We are not,” Jay added.

   Mr Kim nods his head, humming while holding his chin with his finger. “You’re not, right?”

   Sunoo and Jay nod their heads at the same time.

   “Would you two do anything for the group?” The man said. He was clasping his hand on the table; Jay knew they were talking with him as a business partner now.

   “Hyung,” Sunoo said. He was asking for the latter’s help because he was confused with the man’s question.

   Jay squints his eyes at the CEO. “What is it,”
The man began telling them how their company stocks doubled after their dating news was released, and the netizen was thrilled with the information, which was odd, but all they’ve received were good things.

   “I need you two to stay in a relationship,” he told the bluntly. “Until the promotion for this comeback ends, then you two can release a separation statement or whatever,”

   “But- “Jay was against the idea. He wasn’t going to stay in a fake relationship with his friend over profits.

   “That’s the end of this talk. We’ll release a confirmation statement about your relationship. I’ll have a new manager looking after you two,”

   “But Sir- “Sunoo can’t believe what he had gotten into.

   “This is for the team,” he said and dismissed the two. “Out now, I have a meeting after this,”

   Jay and Sunoo had no choice but to leave with unsaid words.

🌻

  Heeseung was bored because practice got delayed, and he had nothing to do after singing for nearly half an hour.

   Then, he went to the room where they store all their gifts from Engene at the fansigns.

   Something caught his eyes.

   It was a fox doll. He thought it was cute and perfect as a gift to congratulate Sunoo and Jay’s relationship being official.

   He took the wrapping for another stuff to make it look like he bought the doll himself.

   “Perfect,” he said as he finished wrapping the doll.

   He returned to the practice room and was greeted with the sounds of someone shouting and Sunghoon storming out from the room.