White Lie

Sunoo heard his name and his heart start to race. Sunghoon has been slightly... weird this past week.

   He keeps sticking to him like gum stuck in your hair. He can’t recall when is the last time he had time for himself. All he had been doing were hanging out with Sunghoon.

   Sure, it felt great, but not when he starts to stick with him 24/7. The only time they weren’t together were school and the time when they had different schedules, which is very rare.

   Sunoo thought that he has become more overprotective over him after their accident at the airport five months ago.

   He did receive a big scar from it. Big scar, mentally. It’s affecting his mental state more than his physical.

   His broken arm now worked perfectly and he can join practice again. He still needs to visit the hospital once in a while for a monthly check-up, but other than that, everything is going well.

   Everything except for his relationship with Sunghoon.

🌻

  Sunoo was too preoccupied with his thoughts that he didn’t notice the card his psychiatrist slide on the table.

   “Mr Kim?” Park Joonwoo called for his attention.

  “Huh- What?” He responded, lifting his head to look at the man.

   Joonwoo lips turned up, eyes forming crescent moon before nodding towards the card on the table.

   Sunoo picked it up before reading the stuff written on it.

   “My contact information, you can ring me up whenever you had something to talk about. My job here is to help you fight your fear,” he explained to the idol.

   “Aren’t you supposed to give this to my manager?” Sunoo slipped the card in between his middle and index fingers.

   “I don’t remember having your manager as my patient,” Joonwoo replied. Small chuckles escaping from his smiling lips.

   Sunoo was staring at the card, debating whether to keep it or not. Well, his main goal was to become normal again, so it’s necessary for him to have his contact information.

   “...alright,” he said, taking out his wallet and keeps Joonwoo’s card in it.

   “I’ll do my best to help you, Mr Kim,” The psychiatrist flashes him a gentle smile.

   Sunoo looks on his sides, feeling hesitant before he nods at the young psychiatrist.
There were knocks on the door and his manager step into the room.

   He apologised for delaying their talk about the next appointment, before he leaned down, whispering something to Sunoo which Joonwoo couldn’t hear.

   He noticed how the boy’s eyes widen, before saying, “Then I’ll take my leave first,”

“But your ride- “

“It’s fine Mr Shin, I can grab a taxi,”

“What if people saw you?”

“Don’t worry, they won't notice me, besides, I have my mask and glasses here,” he said pulling out the said items from his bag. Smiling at his manager, telling him that he’ll be fine on his own.

   Park Joonwoo has never felt so out of the conversation before.

   “It’s nice talking with you doctor Park, but I need to leave now for some… personal reasons,” he said, bowing his head to the doctor.