A Rest

"So, how are you feeling, Mr Kim?" Park Joonwoo asked.

   Sunoo was lying on a chaise lounge, the type of chair he would see in movies.

   He stares at the white ceiling above his head, with his hands clasped together, resting on his chest.

    The only sound he could hear in the room was the ticking sounds of the clock, rustling papers and the doctor's voice.

   "Good, I guess?" He said, eyes shifting to focus on the random dark spot on the white wall.

   "You guess?" Park Joonwoo jotted something down in his notes. Sunoo shrugged at his reply. "Do you have anything weighing your mind right now?"

   Sunoo stayed quiet, thinking whether to tell him about Sunghoon's invitation or not.

    You can tell me if you want, you can also not tell me if you don't want to, Joonwoo told him kindly.

   It's not like hell know who he is talking about if he hides his name.

   "My friend, want me to move out with him,"

   "And what is your answer to that friend?" Park Joonwoo stopped writing on his notes to focus on Sunoo's expressions.

    The boy looked slightly uncomfortable and worried. Was he not supposed to ask that?

   "I didn't give him my answer yet," Sunoo told him. It's been a week, and he still hasn't given Sunghoon his answer yet.

   Joonwoo began to think of something before asking Sunoo more questions.

   "You live in a dorm, right?" he asked, and Sunoo said yes. "Is the friend someone you're close with?" Joonwoo knew the fact that Sunoo lived with six other people. It wasn't rare for someone to be stressed when living with other people.

   "...yes," Sunoo replied to him uncertainly. Too close for his liking.

   “If you choose to move out with him, I'm sure it will help in reducing your stress level,” He was on board with the decision of Sunoo moving out. The fewer people he'll be living with, the more he'll get time for himself.

  Sunoo replied to his suggestions with a nod. After several questions, Joonwoo put down his notes. “We're done for today's session,” he said as he clapped his hand together.

   Sunoo gets up from his position on the chair. He still has two hours left for the therapy. Well, that's what Doctor Park told his manager.

   “Does this mean I can go back or...” Sunoo was unsure of what to do next.

   “Nope, we're done, but- ” Joonwoo said while putting his stuff away.

   Sunoo was cautious of the man. What if he was some freak? What if he traps him in the room and blackmails him for money.

   “I want to give you some time to rest,” he told him with a smile.

   ‘What?’ Sunoo thought. It would be a lie If Sunoo said he didn't feel weirded out by the man.

  “Eyebags under your eyes,” Park Joonwoo said as he tapped the area below his eyes.

   Sunoo believed in what he said and touched his under-eye with his fingers.

   "You can make yourself comfortable, don't be shy to take a nap," Park Joonwoo took out his phone and played with it.

   Sunoo didn't move at all, even after hearing his reason. Park Joonwoo is a stranger, so there's no way he'll take a nap around him.

   Joonwoo saw Sunoo eye him warily and tried to understand why the boy was acting like that despite being given a chance to get his rest. Then something clicked in his head.

   Joonwoo set his phone down on his table before placing a hand on his chest.

   “I, Park Joonwoo, swear on my dignity as a psychiatrist won't do anything that will harm my patient, Kim Sunoo, as he takes his nap,” he said comically. Sunoo isn't convinced yet.

   Then he pointed at the ceiling. “I can turn on the security camera if you want me to,”

   The security installed a camera in all rooms after a psychiatrist had been attacked by a patient before.

   “Can you please turn it on,” Sunoo requested. Joonwoo did as he was asked, and it wasn't long before the camera had a blinking red light on it.

   “Do you want me to wake you up, or will you set your alarm?”

   “I'll set my alarm- ”But his phone is turned off right now because he didn’t want people to contact him. He already let Mr Shin know about it beforehand and meet him in person if something urgent happened.

   "Can you wake me up at three?"

   "Got it," he said as he picked up his phone from the table.

   Sunoo lay on his back; the chaise lounge was soft and comfy, his eyelids became heavier as the seconds passed.

   "Sleep well," Joonwoo said to him before going back into his game.

🌻

   Park Joonwoo lied. Mr Shin told him about Sunoo not getting enough sleep because of something he didn't want to say to the manager.

   Joonwoo closed his game and opened his gallery. There were pictures of his white, fluffy Keeshonds dog, his selcas, his little sister and his grandparents.

   He smiled as he scrolled down his gallery.
He missed his sister; it has been one week since he last visited her.

   He was about to call his grandmother before he remembered the boy sleeping in the room. He sighed. Turning off his phone and lay his head on the table.

   He knew who Kim Sunoo was; he had read articles about him. His group was introduced as the 4Th Generation Hot Icon by the media, so he must be someone famous.

   He watched the boys content on YouTube and noticed that he was different from the Kim Sunoo he met; well, it's not like they've met each other more than twice.

   He liked the positives views the boy had on life. People like Kim Sunoo is rare in nowadays societies.

   He knew he would crumble the moment he was at the end of the road.

   It would be nice if Kim Sunoo could be his friend. Maybe, just maybe, his positivity would rub off on him too.

   Though, he didn't feel an ounce of it from the boy attending his therapy.

   Park Joonwoo want to meet the Kim Sunoo before the accident.

   That is why helping him to get better is his second priority now.

   ╔────── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚.──────╗

What a good day, we only need Ni-Ki to update us he's healthy, and Enhypen is finally covid free😭

Thank you for never stop praying for them and everyone else who needs it
🙏🏻❤️

It seems like I lean towards angst more than horror these days😀...

I thought I was going to read some cracks, but nope. I went ahead and hurt my feelings 😔💔🚶🏻‍♀️

Anyhow, what're your thoughts on Park Joonwoo?🤔

🌻

╚────── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚.──────╝