The Doctor

Sunghoon’s phone rang in the late afternoon while the two was lazing around in the living room. Sunoo saw the caller as he was using the latter’s phone to take photos of them.

   ‘Dr Nam?'

   Sunghoon snatched his phone from the younger when he heard the ringtone he had set for the said man.

   “Hello?” He said and went to another room, preventing Sunoo from listening to their conversation as it would make him more suspicious than he already was.

   “Park Sunghoon, aren’t you a shameless person?” The man on the other side spat.

  Sunghoon chuckled at what he was hearing.

  Shameless? The man shouldn’t be one to talk.

  “Relax, Doc,” he smirked.

   “Relax?! Don’t you know what you’re doing right now is a crime-”

   “Shut up,” he said firmly, as he was worried that Sunoo would hear his voice. “What’s the problem if I used your name? It’s not like I bought something that can tarnish your reputation,”

   The doctor sighed, “Park Sunghoon, I don't know why you're using my name to buy some ring, but why are you doing all this? you have money, and you even have a successful career, so why do you keep disturbing me,”

   Sunghoon burst out, laughing at the doctor’s words. He wiped the tears on the corner of his eyes with his finger, “Disturbing? I’m just using you as long as I can,”

   “YOU BASTARD- “

   “I said shut up,” The words came out harsh, threatening the older to speak louder and he’ll do things he was afraid of. “Raise your voice again, and your face will be on the front page of the newspaper tomorrow,”

   “…”

“Goodbye then, if you have nothing else to say,” Sunghoon said and hung up, not waiting for the older to say anything else.

🌻

   Sunoo watched as Sunghoon closed the door behind him.

  “Why did Doctor Nam calls you?”

   The older walked towards Sunoo before snuggling him on the sofa. “He just wanted to ask me, when do I have free time for my monthly health check-up,” he said, lying to the younger, as always.

   Sunoo hummed and was suspicious about it at first, “When did you first meet Dr Nam?”

   “When I was fourteen, I sprained my ankle during practice, and mom brought me to the hospital. Dr Nam then offered to be my doctor, and my mom agreed to it. You can say he’s like a friend,” he told him and stroked his hair.

   “Wow, it’s been that long,” Sunoo leaned into his touch and closed his eyes. He was getting drowsy as the older pat his head.

   “Yeah,” Sunghoon let the younger’s head fall on his shoulder, and his hand stayed on his head.

   He did meet Dr Nam while he was fourteen. At first, they had a normal patient-doctor relationship. Before seventeen years old, Sunghoon saw something he wasn’t supposed to see.

⛸️

   Sunghoon hit his head on the ice after attempting to do triple axel by himself without informing his coach about it.

   His head felt like someone was splitting it with their bare hands, and his blood felt cold. The world in front of him looked as if he was looking at it in the rain; it was blurry.