Hope

Everything was a mess. It wasn't a surprise when Sunghoon's condition worsened. The doctor did say he was still weak from losing too much blood. They had to bring him to the hospital again, and no one knew what happened to Sunoo.

   Jay did everything he could to help the investigation. Mr Choi, the investigator, said, except for the track at the lake, they couldn't find any lead on Sunoo's whereabouts.

   They already checked the Highway Traffic Camera CCTV and found nothing suspicious, meaning that the preparator was lucky or this has been planned carefully since long ago.

   Their number one suspect was the bloody present sender.

   Jay also told them about Park Joonwoo. They searched for him, but his co-workers said he took a vacation abroad and showed them his recent Instagram story.

   They also provide the investigators with their chat log with Park Joonwoo.

   They checked Park Joonwoo's IP address, showing that he was out of the country. Even though Jay was sure the man was one of the suspects, they got nothing on the man.

   Twenty-four hours after Sunoo disappeared, they had to release the news to the public because searching for a missing person secretly wasn't exactly that easy.

   The company was under lots of criticism after they released the news. Reporters started camping near the company building, pounding on everyone coming out from the said building for updates.

   The members were told to stay in the dorm and weren't allowed to visit Sunghoon at the hospital.

   Jay almost snapped at those reporters when they started bombarding him with stupid questions as soon as he got out of the car.

   "Do you have any updates on Mr Kim's location?"

   "Does Mr Kim have mental issues?"

   "How are you feeling about Mr Kim's disappearance?"

   "Is this a publicity stunt?"

    "You guys said that the members are always together, so how did Mr Kim disappear?"

   "Is there a conflict between the members?"

   "Are you sure Mr Kim got kidnapped and not hiding away?"

   "Do you think Mr Kim is still alive right now?"

   Jay whipped his head angrily in the reporter's direction, "What did you- "

   Before he could say anything else, the group manager held him back and told him to get inside the building quickly.

🌻

   Jay closed the door behind him and sighed. He took off the hat he had been wearing all day and dropped it on the sofa before plopping face first.

   "Jongseong-ah, what did the inspector says?" Heeseung asked from the open kitchen.

   He clicked his tongue and got up from his position, "Hyung, it's been two days, and they still got nothing,"

   Another voice chimed in, "What? Are those people even doing their job properly?"

    "Jake, don't be like that. I'm sure they're doing their best to find him,"

    "Hyung, how could they find nothing? Should we hire more private investigators?"

   Heeseung wet his dry bottom lip with his tongue before biting on it. He knew they could afford more private investigators, but he didn't know whether hiring more would make any difference.