Tragedy

The ride back home was filled with silence.

   Sunoo wouldn’t even sit beside him, and he let him sit at the back. Better than having him take a random taxi. He tried to apologise again, but Sunoo cut him off and told him he was tired.

   He could see the way the younger was forcing his eyes shut.

    Sunoo, on the other hand, was trying to stop his tears from flowing down.

   Sunghoon started the engine drive away from his secret place.

   ‘First, I need to buy him a new phone,’

   ‘Then apologies,’

   He gripped on the steering wheel, shoulders feeling heavier as time passed.

‘I need to make him stay with me,’

   ‘Did I go too far this time?’ He thought and watched the sleeping boy through the rear mirror.

   As soon as Sunghoon parked the car, Sunoo opened his eyes and got out of it.

   “Sun- “The door slammed in front of him, and he felt his entire world was turning upside down.

   He wanted to stop the younger, beg him to stop being mad at him and for them to be happy again. Is it too much to ask for?

   Sunghoon leaned his head on the steering wheel, thinking how to make up with Sunoo before getting out of the car.

   When he entered the house, there was no sight of Sunoo, but he could hear shuffling sounds coming from Sunoo’s room, and he left him alone, not to anger him more with his presence.

   Instead of sitting around in the living room, Sunghoon went to the kitchen and prepared the younger’s favourite foods. Tteokbokki, soy sauce marinated crab, everything he could think of.

   Then he heard someone going down the stairs, “Sunoo-ya, let’s eat together,” he said as he placed the food on the dining table.
The younger didn’t respond to him, so he went to get him. Hoping that he had calmed down.

   He watched Sunoo walking down the stairs, his heart beating fast when he saw what the younger was holding. A duffle bag.

   “Let me pass, Hyung,” he said and looked away.

   Sunghoon grabbed his hand, “Sunoo- “

   “Let me go,” he said, pulling his hand away before Sunghoon grabbed it again.

   His voice broke as he held on Sunoo’s hand desperately. “Don’t, please don’t do this to me. Let’s sit down and talk, hmm?”

   Sunoo kept his sight on the floor, refusing to look at the latter as he might change his mind. “We got nothing to talk, Hyung,"

   “Well, I have!” He shouted and held his hand tighter. It was unintentional; he never meant to shout at the younger.

   Sunoo lifted his head and turned around to see the miserable man with a devastated expression on his face. He heard him mumbling, whispering to himself apologies to the younger.