The Maknae

Familiar voices were coming from the front door. The other members are back.

   Sunoo and Sunghoon were still holding hands with each other. Sunoo was ready to let it go because he wouldn’t be able to bear the teasing coming for them if the member caught them.

  The shorter boy looks at the taller one, confused on why he didn’t want to let him go.

   The footsteps were growing louder and louder as they are approaching the room they are currently in.

   “I’m hungry, “They could hear Jake’s whine.

   “Hyung?” Sunoo was puzzled by Sunghoon’s action. He was hoping he would let his hands free.

   Sunghoon, feeling slightly frustrated, leaned down and stole a kiss from Sunoo.

   He quickly let him go and walked out from the kitchen, grinning from ear to ear.

   Jake stumbled across him on his way to the kitchen. “Sunghoon? What with that expression?” He asked, laughing at how happy his friend was.

   “Nothing,” Sunghoon answered as he tried to hide his smile under his hand before going on his way to the living room.

   Ni-Ki, who just finished changing his clothes, spotted Sunghoon in the living room, looking like he had just won a lottery.

   ‘Headache, my ass,’ he thought, rolling his eyes before making his way to the kitchen.

   In the kitchen, he was greeted with Jake asking Sunoo if he told him the truth of not being sick.

   Sunoo’s face was red, and he keeps waving his hand in front of him. Ni-Ki recognises those gestures. It was his habit whenever he felt embarrassed.

   Sunoo keeps denying being sick to Jake before taking in the presence of the Maknae in the same room.

   He remembered their small argument.
Ni-Ki walked past him to the refrigerator. “Ni-Ki,” he calls the younger.

   Although the latter didn’t respond to him calling his name. He still chooses to sit in front of him at the table.

   Sunoo knew the boy was sulking. It wasn’t something he was unfamiliar with.

   Ni-Ki and Sunoo are the closest, so they fight more often; Jungwon told the world about their friendship on Day6's ChuRadio.

   “I’m sorry,” Sunoo apologised, pouting his mouth in the process.

   Ni-Ki looked away, feeling shy, before saying, “I’m sorry too,”  to the boy sitting across from him.

   “For what?” Sunoo was genuinely asking him because he couldn’t think of the reason Ni-Ki was apologising to him.

   “For being insensitive,” he explained. Sunoo could see that the boy was genuinely feeling bad for what he had said to him before.

   “It’s fine,” he assured him. “More importantly, we still have some parks to visit,”

   They began to discuss their plans, Sunoo suggesting places and Ni-Ki adding in shops he wants them to visit and stuffs they can do in the park.

   When they’re finished with their plans, the two of them were watching YouTube videos together at the table after Ni-Ki moved to sit beside Sunoo.

   It wasn’t long before Ni-Ki smiles disappeared, and his expression becomes serious. He went from laughing to smiling before staring at Sunoo’s smiling face while his lips pursed.

   Sunoo was oblivious of the stares he was getting from the Maknae.

   “Sunoo Hyung,” Sunoo shifts his head towards Ni-Ki when he heard him calling for his name. “I’m serious when I said you’re not responsible for it,” Ni-Ki told him once again.

   “I know,” He knew. He knew it too well but still refuses to acknowledge it.

   “...I will be super mad if you hurt yourself,” Ni-Ki warns him.

   “Geez, I can take care of myself,” Sunoo punched his shoulder playfully. “Never knew you like me this much,” he said, wiggling his eyebrows at the taller boy.

   “Oh please,” Ni-Ki rolled his eyes and pretended to be disgusted by what Sunoo just said.

   Sunoo swatted his shoulder, and he rubbed at the place the older one hit him before continue watching YouTube videos on Sunoo’s phone.

   Jake was acting as a bystander, watching their cute interaction while he cooks his ramyeons.

   A grin appears on his face as he looks over the two.

   He never knew, weeks later, he’ll miss the sight of the two sitting at the dining table, laughing happily as they enjoy being each other company.

   ╔────── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚.──────╗

HAPPY BIRTHDAY
@RedKitty3344 🥳🎂🎊🎉🎁

I'm getting my 2nd dose today😀 I hope the side effects wouldn't be too severe.

Stay healthy everyone! And I hope you guys enjoyed this update.

Oh! And my parents want to go camping tomorrow... I'll think about it for a little bit more...so idk when I'll be able to update it.

╚────── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚.──────╝