Cold

One week had passed since Sunghoon was discharged from the hospital. When he and Jay returned from retrieving his forgotten phone, Sunoo pretended not to notice the strange air between them.

   Ni-Ki asked them why they were taking such a long time, and Jay lied to their face that he had gone to the toilet on their way, which doesn't make any sense on why Sunghoon had to wait for him when can just return first to the car.

   He asked if everything was fine, to which the two-man exchanged looks before telling him everything was fine.

   Maybe they had a fight... or maybe not. Because as soon as they arrived at the dorm, both men left again together to talk and catch up with life. Sunoo believed that they were talking bullshit or the sun would rise from the west tomorrow.

   Whenever he asked if they were hiding something from him, they would change the topic and try to avoid him.

   It wasn't long until Sunoo snapped.

🌻

   All the members were at the dinner table, eating their late-night snack and having a belated celebration for Sunghoon's discharge.

   Sunoo sat between Jay and Sunghoon. 'Perfect,' he thought to himself.

   He then proceeded to have a normal conversation with them before dropping the bomb out of nowhere.

   "So, what have you been hiding from me?" he asked. The bustling table slowly quiets down.

   "..."

   "..."

   Jungwon raised his eyebrow, confused by Sunoo's words. "Who?"

   "Sunghoon and Jay Hyung," he replied, chewing on the fried chicken wing. "They're hiding something from me,"

   Jay looked at Sunghoon and pointed and Sunoo with his chin, telling him to do something before Sunoo entered the full sulking mode.

   "Sunoo-ya..." Sunghoon whispered. "Can we talk about this later?" He smiled at him while ruffling his hair.

   The members had gotten used to seeing their PDA. But that doesn't mean they don't want to separate the two, especially Ni-Ki. He only held off because of the crazy thing Sunghoon had done before.

   They may forgive him, but they won't forget the deeds he had done.

   Sunoo stared at him, expressionless. "That's what you told me two days ago,'

    Sunghoon flinched in his seat. Five pairs of eyes stared at him, except for Jay's.

   "How- how about I tell you about it at the lake. You told me you want to see the duck, remember?"

   "Do you promise me?"

   "Huh?'

   He knew exactly what made him silent, as it was an inside thing between them.

   "Do you promise me?" he said again. Ignoring Sunghoon's restless eyes.

   "...don't say that Sunoo," he muttered.

   The members noticed the heavy air and tried to lighten it up by talking about another topic.

   "The lake. Tomorrow," Sunoo said and excused himself from the table.

   Sunghoon sighed and stood up.

   "Where are you going?" Jake asked him, worried that Sunghoon would go after Sunoo and make it worse.